• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fake PayPal email

ericforman

I should Work at Oakley
Idaho
Just wanted to give you guys a heads up. I got this email, which looks very legit, just a few minutes ago. I decided to go to PayPal's website to check it before clicking anything in the email and their website says my account it at 100%.
paypal.JPG

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up. I got this email, which looks very legit, just a few minutes ago. I decided to go to PayPal's website to check it before clicking anything in the email and their website says my account it at 100%.
View attachment 198765
Yep been around for years. Will always address u by name and won't say paypal member or anything like that

Seen enough of these also. Best way to recognize it's fake/scam is that it's worded like a hostage situation imo (lol @ can't close account), and usually such sites use more formal author titles.

Of course, it's commonplace for scams to also request information. I've never had a hold or probation of some sort to actually reiterate background information. Actually, I've never had a hold/probation period beyond forgetting a password and trying too many wrong ones, but I've seen the situation with other people enough times.

Back