• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fake Radar?

kbb230

Oakley Beginner
I just received a Radar frame from an order I acquired through eBay. I've done a little research on what to look for because I know eBay sellers are notorious for selling knock-offs. So, I got the package with a hard case, which seems legit, extra nose piece, and the frame inside a Oakley Custom microfiber bag. The first thing I noticed was the lack of any markings inside the temple region of the frames. The only markings are "Radar" on the left unobtainium piece and the "CE" marked on the right unobtainium piece. I assume the "CE" should be on the frame itself. Also, I am not sure if all Oakleys come with serials stamped inside the frame. I did test out the "O" emblems on the sides; they are magnetic if that holds any water. The other thing is that I didn't know the Radars came in a style without the "vent hole" on the temple. Again, I assumed all Radars came with the vent. I took some pictures and would appreciate if anyone has any input on the authenticity of the frame.
20140827_173342.jpg
20140827_173322.jpg
20140827_173250.jpg
20140827_173306.jpg

I'm no expert, but those look to be straight stem polished black radars... Nothing too fake about em...

How much did you pay for em? Im looking for the exact same pair...

I just saw the sticky on fakes. My bad on creating a new thread; if a Mod can move it that would be appreciated.

I'm no expert, but those look to be straight stem polished black radars... Nothing too fake about em...

How much did you pay for em? Im looking for the exact same pair...
I got them for $50. I don't mind the straight stems. I guess I was just ignorant on the styles.

The custom frames usually don't have any markings. Radar arms had vent holes and non vent holes. I don't know anything about the icons being magnetic. I never tried holding a magnet to any of mine. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Thanks for the responses.
I was scrolling along the web and found this picture: an "A" stamped into the frame right behind the left earsock. The frame I have just has the stamp without the "A." Maybe I'm just paranoid.
FAKE.jpg

Those look legit to me. Custom Oakley frames typically won't have any markings on the frame.

In regards to that "A" stamp. I am no expert, but that could mean Asian Fit. That is simply a guess. I don't have that stamp on any of my Radar frames and I know they are all legit as they were purchased directly from Oakley over the years.

Those look legit to me. Custom Oakley frames typically won't have any markings on the frame.

In regards to that "A" stamp. I am no expert, but that could mean Asian Fit. That is simply a guess. I don't have that stamp on any of my Radar frames and I know they are all legit as they were purchased directly from Oakley over the years.
I have many pairs of radars, all with the vented arms and they all include the "A" on the left stem as show in the picture above. All of mine are 2009 or older produced and bought new. It might be a production stamp indicating the plant it's made or a particular mold that was used, perhaps for quality control/tracking.

Back