• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fake Woodgrain Prism Frogskins?

Wally Taylor

I should Work at Oakley
Erie
I did a few searches and couldn't come up with anything. I bought a pair of Woodgrain Prism Daily Frogskins on eBay, and they're coming with a "Vintage" Pink bag. I see a lot of Pink bags on them lately, but I asked them for a Woodgrain bag if possible. The dealer is from Pennsylvania.
They have a 30 Day Return, but I just wondered if the Chinese had started faking Woodgrain Frogskins. Forgive my ignorance if I missed the search, but I need to know before they ship. Thanks.

I did a few searches and couldn't come up with anything. I bought a pair of Woodgrain Prism Daily Frogskins on eBay, and they're coming with a "Vintage" Pink bag. I see a lot of Pink bags on them lately, but I asked them for a Woodgrain bag if possible. The dealer is from Pennsylvania.
They have a 30 Day Return, but I just wondered if the Chinese had started faking Woodgrain Frogskins. Forgive my ignorance if I missed the search, but I need to know before they ship. Thanks.
You're gonna have to post the link to the auction so people can see the photos

So what's the problem here?

image.png

It's supposed to have a pink bag!!!

I've seen a lot of them with a Woodgrain bag. In fact, all of them that I saw had a Woodgrain bag.

I wasn't questioning the authenticity of these. I just wondered where the pink bag showed up when every YouTube post and The Oakley Website itself showed a Woodgrain bag.

Plus, I'm not an Oakley expert. I haven't worn any since my Moons fell apart. Two pair in one month. I won a pair of Flak Jacket XLJ's, and I don't even wear them because I'm afraid they'll snap in two changing lenses.

Plus, I was so sure that these were real Oakleys I already bought them. If whoever is selling these would have returned my question on eBay with an answer I wouldn't have made this thread. If You are the seller, people who buy from You would like a response to questions that they ask. If You don't want questions asked about Your listing answer Your mail.

Last edited:
I bought a pair of Woodgrain Prism Daily Frogskins on eBay, and they're coming with a "Vintage" Pink bag. I see a lot of Pink bags on them lately

A lot of pink bags! Gotcha!!!

I've seen a lot of them with a Woodgrain bag. In fact, all of them that I saw had a Woodgrain bag.

So they all have Woodgrain bags now?

I don't know if your previous comment was directed towards me .... but I don't eBay... Never have and probably never will.

Back on topic: Those frames you posted look quite legit! Seller looks legit and it appears to come with everything advertised from Oakley online! (Which is a good reference for images and colourway)

Get em if the price is right, and buy a Woodgrain bag later on!

The Woodgrain bags could be something like an SGH exclusive ... I've never really seen em before ...

AFAIK, of what I've seen in Store and Online, the appropriate bag is the pink bag... So no worries there!

I have all the frog woodgrains. The only woodgrain that came with a bag to match were the kostons. My Asia fit and prizm both came with pink. I'd love to see this new woodgrain micro bag. Interesting..

The seller on eBay that I'm buying from is 100% golden! gbones007 sells a LOT of Oakleys, and he is not only 100% top notch honest, he is VERY helpful and seems to be a great guy who knows what he's doing. If You're looking for a pair of Oaks, do a search for gbones007. I can't say enough about his willingness to help You, and he sells at a deep discount. I was going to buy from Oakley at $160, and gbase007 came in at $114.75 with free shipping.
I have an extra $45 to go shopping for the elusive wooden cleaning bag. Give him a look see if You're shopping, and he's in Philadelphia. Good ol' American honest gentlemen. I'm sorry that I even hinted at shenanigans with regards to this purchase. I hope that I cleared his name sufficiently. He deserves it.

Well, I got my Woodgrain Frogskins this morning. AND...... I may have to sell all of my other sunglasses. I will keep my Flak Jackets, because I can add PRIZM POWER to them. The view through PRIZM lenses RULES. I don't know how to describe it, but the world looks different than ever before. And that'd worth a hundred bucks ANY day.
Plus, these are the first FROGSKINS that I've ever tried, and the comfort is incredible. I can see why You folks collect them. All in all, my best sunglass purchase since I bought my first pair of MOONs. Only these lenses kick bu**!
I have a Scotch Pine outside of my kitchen window, and we have nine bird feeders in it. We have Cardinals, Baltimore Orioles, Hummingbirds, and a ton of Yellow Finches. Not only has the usually brownish red bark become a beautiful Orange, the birds are just popping out. I have to study exactly how Oakley developed these magical lenses, I think I'm going to need both Deep and Shallow water PRIZMS for my Flak Jacket XLJ's. Nice going Oakley. I hope that Lux didn't lay off the genius crew who developed PRIZM technology.
And if they did lay them off, I really hope that they start their own high tech eyewear company, and advertise where they came from, as The Heritage Guitar Company did when theiy bought Gibson's old guitar company and started their own. The quality of Heritage guitars blows Gibson away, and those guys are in their 70's now, and most of the management team still goes to work every day, and they still work on guitars.

Last edited:
Well, I got my Woodgrain Frogskins this morning. AND...... I may have to sell all of my other sunglasses. I will keep my Flak Jackets, because I can add PRIZM POWER to them. The view through PRIZM lenses RULES. I don't know how to describe it, but the world looks different than ever before. And that'd worth a hundred bucks ANY day.
Plus, these are the first FROGSKINS that I've ever tried, and the comfort is incredible. I can see why You folks collect them. All in all, my best sunglass purchase since I bought my first pair of MOONs. Only these lenses kick bu**!

So....Wally.....you like the Prizm then? :rofl:

Seriously, I am glad you were put at ease about the seller, there are a couple of absolutely verified and trusted Oakley sellers on the Bay (drbubbleye comes to mind right away) that will help you consistently. Sounds like you may have found another.

Glad you like the Frogs too, I am glad they don't work on my face or I'd probably have 30 pair of the damned things by now...

;)

Latest Posts

Back