• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fake X-Squared

• Thread starter nightpusher1
  • Start date
Have a similar situation with these:

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/for/4529595906.html

He had them on CL in Atlanta for a while. A couple of other forum members and I sent him messages about them. He then moved them onto ebay. I reported them to Oakley and ebay. I sent him a message through ebay, and he became quite belligerent with me and told me that I didn't know what I was talking about - they were authentic, he bought them directly from Oakley, and so on. I politely pointed out the tell-tale signs that they were fake and asked him to take down his listing. He did, though I imagine he was forced to and not doing it on my account. Now he has removed some of the more damning pics that he originally had (screws in the nosebridge rather than rivets, wrong sku on earstem for colorway, etc.) and relisted them on CL. You can still tell the nosebridge is wrong if you know what to look for, but still...

By allowing him to bait me into an argument, now I have inadvertently helped him. What a douchebag...

Last edited:
If you strategically photographs these counterfeits you can pass these off as the real deal. Fortunately he/she took pictures of the obvious flaws.

I reported it too,makes you wonder what their criteria is for removing a listing.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is my first post and I am currently deployed to Afghanistan right now, so I go online when I can. I would like to buy myself a pair of Romeos when I return because I am deserving of a pair after my third deployment, but I am very hesitant of getting a pair off of ebay if the seller is not from the US. They are a very rare combination of the Polished Carbon (Chrome Silver) with the violet lenses and rubber gaskets, which look great, but I have never seen a chrome pair of Romeos before. So if I can get any guidance on this, it would be greatly appreciated. Here is the listing:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121365620952?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
Any responses to this is greatly appreciated.

This is my first post and I am currently deployed to Afghanistan right now, so I go online when I can. I would like to buy myself a pair of Romeos when I return because I am deserving of a pair after my third deployment, but I am very hesitant of getting a pair off of ebay if the seller is not from the US. They are a very rare combination of the Polished Carbon (Chrome Silver) with the violet lenses and rubber gaskets, which look great, but I have never seen a chrome pair of Romeos before. So if I can get any guidance on this, it would be greatly appreciated. Here is the listing:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121365620952?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
Any responses to this is greatly appreciated.

I've seen this guy's listings before - he does a lot of custom work, of which these are one. There are no OEM polished R1s. He or somebody polished a frame (and it's regular polished, not polished carbon). Forum member @dragonvoi's done one, too.

His stuff seems to be legitimate but it's always way overpriced. Also, I can't tell from the pic but he may have "polished" out the serial number.

Latest Posts

Back