• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fake X-Squared

• Thread starter nightpusher1
  • Start date
This is my first post and I am currently deployed to Afghanistan right now, so I go online when I can. I would like to buy myself a pair of Romeos when I return because I am deserving of a pair after my third deployment, but I am very hesitant of getting a pair off of ebay if the seller is not from the US. They are a very rare combination of the Polished Carbon (Chrome Silver) with the violet lenses and rubber gaskets, which look great, but I have never seen a chrome pair of Romeos before. So if I can get any guidance on this, it would be greatly appreciated. Here is the listing:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121365620952?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
Any responses to this is greatly appreciated.

These are a Romeo frame which has been polished, very nicely by the look of them ,then has after market rubber and after market lenses installed.
If you are going to buy a custom polished pair and spend good money , get one with Oakley lenses and rubber ,don't just buy a frame covered in cr-p.
Hope you find what you are looking for. Stay safe mate.

yeah hirotek is legit but he definitely overdoes it, and prices accordingly. that pair particularly has been chrome plated first then polished. defeats the fact that cast molded titanium has pockmarks and imperfections, that is if you want something perfectly smooth, then here it is. also he uses linegear lenses and rubbers, so really i dont think the $700 premium to chrome and polish is worth it. $500 should easily get you a frame, and get whatever lens+rubber combo you want if you like the linegear stuff or have a member here cut you some oakley lenses i know infinitehero and xmetalmaniac both do excellent work. That should leave you $550 to get the frame polished, gold plated, distressed, or whatever floats your boat.

*edit ** looks like he does have oakley oem cut lenses, but still overpriced chromjob =)

I would like to buy myself a pair of Romeos when I return because I am deserving of a pair after my third deployment, but I am very hesitant of getting a pair off of ebay if the seller is not from the US.
You could always just put up a want to buy in the commerce section ( when you're allowed to )

yeah hirotek is legit but he definitely overdoes it, and prices accordingly. that pair particularly has been chrome plated first then polished. defeats the fact that cast molded titanium has pockmarks and imperfections, that is if you want something perfectly smooth, then here it is. also he uses linegear lenses and rubbers, so really i dont think the $700 premium to chrome and polish is worth it. $500 should easily get you a frame, and get whatever lens+rubber combo you want if you like the linegear stuff or have a member here cut you some oakley lenses i know infinitehero and xmetalmaniac both do excellent work. That should leave you $550 to get the frame polished, gold plated, distressed, or whatever floats your boat.

*edit ** looks like he does have oakley oem cut lenses, but still overpriced chromjob =)

I am very new to the fact that Fake Romeos are in existence and I have to be extra careful on knowing when OEM is being used. I guess the Chrome Romeos just looked so damn good to me, similar to how the "Infinite Hero" looks for the Juliets, but I will hold back. If I could get some guidance on how to get a pair of Romeos repainted into the Polished color, I would definitely be grateful. I have yet to find anyone online that can paint a pair in Chrome or the 24K Gold. It is not like I can wear a pair of Chrome or Gold sunglasses in uniform as it is still a big stickler in the rules and regulations, etc. Thank you to all of you guys with the help on this and will look forward to more O-Vice.

These are a Romeo frame which has been polished, very nicely by the look of them ,then has after market rubber and after market lenses installed.
If you are going to buy a custom polished pair and spend good money , get one with Oakley lenses and rubber ,don't just buy a frame covered in cr-p.
Hope you find what you are looking for. Stay safe mate.

I just wish Oakley would return the X-Metals back to their stock. I keep hearing about the X-Metals being brought back and end up seeing crap like the Oakley Tin Cans or more HolBrooks!

I just wish Oakley would return the X-Metals back to their stock. I keep hearing about the X-Metals being brought back and end up seeing crap like the Oakley Tin Cans or more HolBrooks!

Nope, x-metals as we know them are gone for good. Any rumors about them coming back is wishful thinking.

Do some searching around the forum; that topic has been beaten to death repeatedly...

Latest Posts

Back