• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fake X-Squared

• Thread starter nightpusher1
  • Start date
No Shelf Whore = person who wears ALL their Oakleys
Shelf Whore= person who just displays them or has so many it's no use trying to wear them all so they all sit on the display shelves.

Shoot if I had a display case I would actually display my sunglasses haha but seriously, I do not spend the money on my sunglasses just to have them sit around. Romeo 1s are still my main favorite. Yours?

Shoot if I had a display case I would actually display my sunglasses haha but seriously, I do not spend the money on my sunglasses just to have them sit around. Romeo 1s are still my main favorite. Yours?
I have a few favorites.....It would be very hard for me to have a number 1 on my list. I absolutely love the Romeo 1 but the design flaw always did upset me as I'm never into having to have anything fixed so to speak. Then there are the Pennys' and Mars' which hold a nice little spot in my heart ;) Then there are a few others but I'll be rambling.

I do only wear 2 pairs of all the pairs that I do own. Both of them are C-6's and I've never found a pair that fit me quite like them.

I have a few favorites.....It would be very hard for me to have a number 1 on my list. I absolutely love the Romeo 1 but the design flaw always did upset me as I'm never into having to have anything fixed so to speak. Then there are the Pennys' and Mars' which hold a nice little spot in my heart ;) Then there are a few others but I'll be rambling.

I do only wear 2 pairs of all the pairs that I do own. Both of them are C-6's and I've never found a pair that fit me quite like them.

What was the design flaw with R1s? I like the Pennys, even though they look like an "Asian Fit" version of the Juliets. I cannot say the Mars stood out to me. I think they would be cool to have as a collection piece, but not a huge fan of the rounded lens. Then again, I am the same guy who thought the C-Wire would still be in production to this day. Ugh lol

What was the design flaw with R1s? I like the Pennys, even though they look like an "Asian Fit" version of the Juliets. I cannot say the Mars stood out to me. I think they would be cool to have as a collection piece, but not a huge fan of the rounded lens. Then again, I am the same guy who thought the C-Wire would still be in production to this day. Ugh lol
The way the lenses end up with stress cracks after a little while of wearing them depending on the person. Also, if memory serves me correctly a member or two here had developed a little fix for that.

What was the design flaw with R1s?

It has to do with the earstems and nosebridge. When you pull out on the earstems, like to get them around your head to put them on (or just in general if you have a wide head), it puts stress on the lenses where the orbitals meet the nosebridge, specifically at the upper join. Over time your lenses may start to crack from that point going down / towards center.

Some try to avoid this by putting them on / taking them off from the top of the head, like a hat. Others have modded the lenses by shaving a particular area on the lens edge to reduce the stress.

That's one (but not the only) reason why the flex coupler is found on all other x-metals (Mars / Juliet / Penny / XX / R2 / XS) except for the half-X; the design avoids stressing the lenses.

hmmm....that is correct. Do you know how that is fixed per say? Also, how can one, such as myself get my R1s painted to the polished chrome silver? Or even get the rubber pieces in legit Oakley color
It has to do with the earstems and nosebridge. When you pull out on the earstems, like to get them around your head to put them on (or just in general if you have a wide head), it puts stress on the lenses where the orbitals meet the nosebridge, specifically at the upper join. Over time your lenses may start to crack from that point going down / towards center.

Some try to avoid this by putting them on / taking them off from the top of the head, like a hat. Others have modded the lenses by shaving a particular area on the lens edge to reduce the stress.

That's one (but not the only) reason why the flex coupler is found on all other x-metals (Mars / Juliet / Penny / XX / R2 / XS) except for the half-X; the design avoids stressing the lenses.

Where could one find decent rubber pieces in different colors or even legit lenses for R1s? I read that there are folks on this site that can help with those items.

Back