• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fake xs?

Jhud

Oakley Beginner
I got these on ebay.
The sku is wrong.
006011-01 should be carbon

image.jpg

image.jpg

Looking into it these were carbon finish.. That laser etching on the stems sure is durable. After a refinish I guess, it still bleeds through.. Im sure they aren't fake.. but I did get a scammeroo.

What happens
if you put naval jelly on a carbon finish?

Yes.. But ive been using a T5 to install them since my first pair.. It fits and works

Then I’d agree they are legit, just refinished. I guess the gripe is should that have been disclosed? I say yes, it should have been. But then next is what you paid worth a refinished frame? Only you can answer that...
Were these bought from “thebestcompany” or whatever they are called? Cost of $350ish? If so, they have a no hassle return policy...but if you got it with a coupon, you may want to keep it. Some refinished frames are actually tougher than OEM.

299$. If i recall. It was over a year ago. I just stared messing with them though.

I’m okay with the price. They are worth it..

Those are legit XS - just painted as stated by @Iacampell2005 => Screws where not even taken out before painting them (have had two like this one) ... Yes t5 fits but wont work to many times and it leaves marks and the torq you can apply is significantly lower so be carefull hexa 1.27mm is the tool to work those nosebridge screws

299$. If i recall. It was over a year ago. I just stared messing with them though.

I’m okay with the price. They are worth it..

Agreed. That’s a good price even for a painted pair. Like I said, sometimes the painted stuff holds up better with use. Good detective work on taking apart the bridge to confirm...