• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fake xs?

Those are legit XS - just painted as stated by @Iacampell2005 => Screws where not even taken out before painting them (have had two like this one) ... Yes t5 fits but wont work to many times and it leaves marks and the torq you can apply is significantly lower so be carefull hexa 1.27mm is the tool to work those nosebridge screws
I've been using a wera t5 torx all the time on xs nose screws. It grips better than an allen I've noticed. Managed to remove many nose screws others have stripped with that driver. It does flare out as it goes away from the tip to guessing thats why it grips so well.

I've been using a wera t5 torx all the time on xs nose screws. It grips better than an allen I've noticed. Managed to remove many nose screws others have stripped with that driver. It does flare out as it goes away from the tip to guessing thats why it grips so well.

unfortunately I have encountered the issue of stuck screws a few times and I work the same solution: first try t5 then if this does not work a used one-time t6 but after that the allen work not so well. here is a picture of a XSR I had to work the solution (t5 was also not getting the job done ... and with the worn down t6 the centre screw was moving smoothly):

CIMG9257.JPG

Somehow the screw material is to weak or something. Anyhow I would recomend to use the allan key whenever possible.

I could probably use a dozen replacement screws. And a fresh tool to put em in with