• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fakes Lately

So at what point does a fake become so good that it's real? If people, not even collector's, can identify fakes they will hold the same value as authentics? That's crazy!

I'm sure us collectors will always be able to find a way to spot a fake, it just sucks for those people out there who don't have as much knowledge wearing their foakleys.

So at what point does a fake become so good that it's real? If people, not even collector's, can identify fakes they will hold the same value as authentics? That's crazy!

I'm sure us collectors will always be able to find a way to spot a fake, it just sucks for those people out there who don't have as much knowledge wearing their foakleys.

Scary, they look really good. But fakes are fakes. Even if the quality is getting better, there is only one real deal.

I'm not that worried, because I'm sure the fakes aren't made with Titanium. I'm even willing to bet they're made of mild steel or aluminum, which will bend or break the minute you put any kind of stress on them. I bought a set of polished Juliets with a bent stem, I ruined my aluminum shock-shaft pliers for R/C cars straightening it back into shape, the metal on the Oakley is that stiff.

I wonder if they'd even take the correct lenses- genuine Oakley, VL, exovista, etc.

It would be tempting to pick a set of these up and toss in a pair of real lenses. I'd love a set of Romeos, but there's no way I can justify the price when the most I've spent so far is about $100 on a pair, and I still don't like that.

Are there people selling them as fakes, or are most trying to pass them off as genuine and pricing them the same?

I wouldn't really buy fakes, I'm just admitting it's tempting to see Romeos and Pit Bosses within my grasp.

Are people actually fooled by pairs like this? I mean, the Juliets in the video are pretty convincing, but these are being sold as M-Frames with Hybrid S lenses

Last edited by a moderator:
Are the fakes made out of metal as well? I'm sure there's a considerable difference in weight.

i would guess they use a different alloy with NO titanium in it.. the weight cant be too much heavier otherwise it would be unwearable..

I wonder if they'd even take the correct lenses- genuine Oakley, VL, exovista, etc.

It would be tempting to pick a set of these up and toss in a pair of real lenses. I'd love a set of Romeos, but there's no way I can justify the price when the most I've spent so far is about $100 on a pair, and I still don't like that.

Are there people selling them as fakes, or are most trying to pass them off as genuine and pricing them the same?

I wouldn't really buy fakes, I'm just admitting it's tempting to see Romeos and Pit Bosses within my grasp.

yeah if youre lucky you;ll find romeos for $200 ish.. once in a blue moon event though!

Are people actually fooled by pairs like this? I mean, the Juliets in the video are pretty convincing, but these are being sold as M-Frames with Hybrid S lenses

ROFL. now if you get conned by that.. you havent even done your homework. a quick google will solve that. kinda deserved to..

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen a couple of this fakes and you could tell the moment you touch it that it's a fake, the orbital gaskets, the stems, the rubbers and even the paint job gives it away, for example the xx 24k's are electroplated instead of powder coated, but from a distance i would say it's a good copy

Actually I got a fake on ebay (posted on a thread) and I actually tried separating the orbitals at the bottom of the Juliet to try and take out the lenses, and it doesn't even separate!

Latest Posts

Back