• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fakes On EBay

Right, having looked at them there are several things I want to say:

a) With Jawbones, you can usually tell if they're fake when you hold them in your hands and feel their material, how the legs snap into place etc...

b) Looking at the black thrubolts, they look legit

BUT

c) They don't seem to come with any original Oakley packaging items

d) The most expensive part of JB's are the lenses, so I do not see the point of foregoing the Oakley quality lenses for Samvette replacement lenses, especially when there are so many authentic Oakley JB lenses available...

e) Also these jawbones usually come with an extra pair of yellow vented lenses (super useful for gloomier days!), so what this seller did is take the expensive parts of the JB keep them (to probably sell the separately later) and is selling you the frames with cheap lenses.

f) All in all, I would just really pay a little bit more and get a full Oakley set in order to get all the quality components. Then later you'll also find it easier to tell fakes apart if you have an authentic model in your possession to compare.

Wow. Thanks for the info - that was awesome. I think maybe I'll just pony up the extra $$ and be safe...

No problem, always happy to help. Yeah, I'd just save up too! It's really not that difficult to find JB's on sale in authorised stores anyways. I mean, at least you'll be paying US prices and not these ridiculous UK prices!

This is why I love this place!!!!

Oh yeah? Why's that?

Sorry to hijack the thread but I have a pair that I am thinking about purchasing off ebay. Item # 190667849477

Black Ink/Blue Ice Batwolf

Thanks for any tips.

Sorry to hijack the thread but I have a pair that I am thinking about purchasing off ebay. Item # 190667849477

Black Ink/Blue Ice Batwolf

Thanks for any tips.

I don't know anything about Batwolf's. You'd be better off asking anybody else on this site.

I mean, looking at the listing it looks alright judging by the seller ratings- you could always email the seller asking for more pics?

Back