• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fakes

I have never been burned and I don't think you will get burned on ebay purchases either as long as you use common sense...

1. Look at seller feedback and seller ratings (seller reputation can tell you everything you need to know)...
2. Look at sellers pictures (I don't buy from those who use stock pictures)....
3. Don't hesitate to ask questions about the product (such as a serial number)...
4. Do your homework (know the product you are looking for)!!!
5. Remember that if it seems to be too good to be true that it probably is...

There are trusted Oakley sellers out there and there is even another site that sanctions sellers with good reputations so that their members feel comfortable purchasing from their own so to speak. I know because I am one of those guys...lol

Hi everyone,

I have just bought a pair of oakley twenty XX off Ebay and im sure they are fakes ive over 10 pairs now and i should be able to tell but im not sure with these the frames are red with a like a smoke lens but where the arms join the frames they are white like they were molded in white then painted red, if anybody could help

Closest thing to what you described is FMJ Red/Black Iridium, but from your description, I doubt it. Post a pic and I'll tell you if it's fake or not.

Just a quick Heads up guys. Be Aware & Careful. they're are tons of X-Metal Fakes currently sold right now on ebay & other auction sites for a fraction of a cost.

Here's the sample photos:
s4z539.jpg

152eu8m.jpg

Plasma Frame - Carbon - Polished & Mixed (e.g. x-metal xx)

The only difference from their Original Counterparts is they don't have any Gasket Opening but upon inspection you can even install your own & the end of the earstem is curved other than that they exactly like the Real deal w/ titanium frame material & polarized lenses WTF?! :x

Beware just beware before you buy. :cool:

Back