• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Farari!

The new carbon blades were getting mixed buzz here before they were released, but since they've come out, everybody who's tried a pair seems to love them. So, they have every indication of becoming another "iconic" Oakley product, and should deserve a place in many collections.

For the Ferraris specifically, you're looking at a pretty significant upcharge for the colorway; the materials in and performance of the other carbon blades are equal. But, whatever floats your boat...

I will say, though, collecting as an investment is a bad idea. There are loads of other investments that will earn you a better return than collectibles. Collect because you have a passion for the stuff.

The new carbon blades were getting mixed buzz here before they were released, but since they've come out, everybody who's tried a pair seems to love them. So, they have every indication of becoming another "iconic" Oakley product, and should deserve a place in many collections.

For the Ferraris specifically, you're looking at a pretty significant upcharge for the colorway; the materials in and performance of the other carbon blades are equal. But, whatever floats your boat...

I will say, though, collecting as an investment is a bad idea. There are loads of other investments that will earn you a better return than collectibles. Collect because you have a passion for the stuff.
Could not have said it better!!

I think my post was misunderstood. When I say investment, I do not mean that I'm hoping to "double my money" but invest my time and money into a brand/collection that I can be proud of. An investment for the soul, so to speak...

I think my post was misunderstood. When I say investment, I do not mean that I'm hoping to "double my money" but invest my time and money into a brand/collection that I can be proud of. An investment for the soul, so to speak...

While I really love the ruby polarized Ferrari lenses, I'm not sure its worth the $100 premium over the other carbon blades. If i was more invested in the Ferrari name, perhaps (as it is I'm a ford guy ;) ). One thing I do think about the carbon blades is that they will be somewhat of a future classic. They seem to be the first "mass produced" version oakley has in carbon fiber (others were around, but more limited runs I believe). I think carbon will be the material of the future for alot of higher end frames.

I really like the Ferrari CB. Yes, it is a bit more than the other CBs, but the red accents are killer. I didn't buy mine for the Ferrari name; I really like the colors, so I was willing to pay the markup. I think they are a great pair.

I completely agree, they are a beautiful peice of art. And can not wait to get my hands on one! Price tag is high for full retail. May have to reach out to my nephew in Florida (works for Oakley). :)

Latest Posts

Back