• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fast Jacket Asian Nose Pads

BDHO

Oakley Enthusiast
Hello,
2 fast jacket questions:
1) is asian fit fast jacket exactly the same frame just with bigger nose pads? - the person at the oakley store suggested the nose width is wider in the asian model, but I am not convinced.
2) does the normal fast jacket come with the bigger nose pads.

I ask as the fast jacket fits me well in terms of width but sits too low on my nose.

I asked Oakley and they said the only difference is the nose pads... AF are wider and do set the glasses higher on the nose ... I bought AF Split Jackets for a song and I find them a little high ... I tried on 'regular' ones in Store and there's a clear difference between the nose pads ... Call Oakley for some AF ones?

Hello,
2 fast jacket questions:
1) is asian fit fast jacket exactly the same frame just with bigger nose pads? - the person at the oakley store suggested the nose width is wider in the asian model, but I am not convinced.
2) does the normal fast jacket come with the bigger nose pads.

I ask as the fast jacket fits me well in terms of width but sits too low on my nose.
FYI Fast Jacket, Flak Jacket and Half Jacket 2.0 using the same nose pads.

interesting that the replacement parts are the same for all 3 of those models.

The oakley store person told me that the asian fit frame (not just the nose pad) is wider in the nose bridge area. I am not sure this is correct ..

It is not correct. If the person wanted to make a little bit of sense, then they would've told you the nose bridge is narrower, not wider.

thank you all.
Does the fast jacket come with both normal and asian fit nose pads in the package?

thank you all.
Does the fast jacket come with both normal and asian fit nose pads in the package?
*Usually* they come with both sizes of nose pads. However, on occasion (and usually from the Vault), I have bought an Asian Fit pair that did not come with standard nose pads. Luckily, you can buy a replacement ear sock/nose pad kit on the cheap, which includes both sizes.

As far as I can tell, the AF and Standard fit frames are identical; it's just the nose pads. So if you can get a deal on the AF pair, go for it.

Back