• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fast Jacket: Asiant Fit Vs Standard Fit

bikybybo

Oakley Beginner
I currently have an asian fit and a standard fit of the fast jacket. I put the bigger nosebomb on the standard fit. But I'm still baffled, the fit on both is almost exactly the same. Speculation aside, does anyone have real information on whether or not the asian fit frame was designed differently? Or is it still one of those marketing aspects?

There are no differences between Asian fit and standard fit frames in Oakley's current line of Asian fit glasses. In most cases Asian fit just means coming preinstalled with the larger nose bombs (both versions ship with small and large nose bombs). This is from owning both models and from speaking with Oakley customer care

My guess is Oakley started with the intention of having different frames for Asian and standard fit, like Gascans, but quickly realized it wasn't cost effective to do so. Now any frame that has interchangable nose pieces has an Asian fit model. It's just a marketing ploy now.

i was at an o-store and the sales rep showed me a very subtle curvature difference between asian fit fast jacket and standard fast jacket. it is hard to spot and imo doesnt feel that far different but its there.. a slight flattening of the front of the frame..

the radar was by far the most obvious.

In Oakley literature the difference between Asian and Standard fits is in the "base curve," or the amount of wrap or curvature around the face. Standard fits have a deeper curve which allows then to wrap around the face, but on wearers with small or absent nose bridges and flattened nostrils this deep curvature creates the gap between the nose bombs of the sunglasses and the nose of the wearer. To alleviate this, Asian fits have a slightly shallower curve; they're flatter fitting against the face. Subsequently that gap at the nose is closed and the nose bombs rest where they should. camakaze is right to note this is almost universally issued in conjunction with larger nose bombs.

I know this thread is old, but thought I'd update with info I got this week by emailing Oakley directly:

"Thank you for contacting us regarding the difference between the Fast Jacket and Asian-fit Fast Jacket. The main difference between the two are the larger nose pads. This allows the product to sit higher on the face. The Asian-fit Fast Jacket also has rounded ear stems while the standard doesn't."

I only have the Asian Fit Fast Jackets and they fit me great. Have not been able to compare them to a Std Fast Jacket.

I have both and the Asian Fit FJs have less pressure on the sides. Visually I couldn't tell the different if I can't compare them side by side. When doing so you can see the front of the frame (main part is the same), the earstems are indeed slightly different and they make the glasses wider. End tips of the earstems are about 1 cm wider when fully opened.

Question on flaks. Will a Xlj lens fit an asian fit frame?

I asked Oakley a while ago on the Flaks and was told that lenses on the Flak Jackets were interchangeable between the Standard and Asian Fit models. So XLJs should work since they're interchangeable with regular lenses.

I need to know one thing before I order my lenses for my half jacket 20. The question is "Is there any lenses differences between the standard fit and Asian fit. I have cheeked my one to be an Asian. Anybody Please help

Back