• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fast Jacket Configurations

mejoshee

Oakley Beginner
First post here, but an Oakley customer for years.

My dogged X-Metal XX's needed a replacement. Online searches are practical useless as it is; I've had terrible experiences with useless salespeople in the past and sort of gave up trying to look again. But, summer is in full swing now and I needed to finally get something with polarized lenses.

After maybe 8yrs, I went down to the Oakley store nearby with an open mind to check out models I'd be interested in. Being an Asian guy of large/wide headedness, I was skeptical I'd find anything ever again. The Fast Jackets were surprisingly comfortable, with the only fault (for my face) being the open frame sitting on my cheeks. The regular lenses are still a little low on the outside lower corners; XLs are right out.

Here's the actual question I've come to the forum for: Is there a way I can get everything I need? A subjective question, I know, but the criteria I have are very straightforward. Is there another model that is as wide or wider like FJs, available with Asian fit, has polarized lens options, has reasonably good side and top coverage, all with the lenses being "just right"?

Then there's the problem of configurations with the standard options vs. custom. Asian fit is apparently not yet available for FJs via the custom shop, so I'm sorta SOL. Though it doesn't even make sense to me as I'm told the only difference is the nose bomb. Is that all???

I'm debating whether to get one of the standard ones with the frames I want (black polished), then trade here for the pair of lenses I want. I really only need one set, though, as I have never had the need to swap out different ones from day to day. Maybe I'd sell the other pair too? I had thought to maybe get 2x the same one then use that way down the line if they suffered any sort of damage.

As an aside, where does one rant to Oakley about the lack of wide-headed options? Or at the least, a more explicit labeling in product descriptions?

I appreciate the forum's help in advance. What're your thoughts? Thanks!

Did you try the slightly larger nose pieces they come with? In the box there is a 2nd nose piece and it should be larger to support smaller bridges.
First of all, I did not know they came with both pieces. I did try the Asian Fit ones in the store, but not try to swap just the nose pads. I didn't have time to compare and wasn't sure if this was or wasn't a model with change in curvature.

Is there much of a market for FJ lenses taken out of a new pair of glasses? Could I get at least 80-90% back if I wanted to sell/exchange them here? If so, which ones would anyone prefer and could they wait a few weeks?

Back