• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fast Jacket larger nose pieces (black)

It's one thing to be given something free as a reward for loyalty.

It's another to withhold product from buying customers just because they aren't regulars.

I remember once upon a time a friend of mine who owns a restaurant chain found out one of the waiters was refusing some people service. He fired her. He said, "this is my company, who are you to decide whether or not I want their business?"

It's another to withhold product from buying customers just because they aren't regulars.

I remember once upon a time a friend of mine who owns a restaurant chain found out one of the waiters was refusing some people service. He fired her. He said, "this is my company, who are you to decide whether or not I want their business?"
And giving away free drinks is technically STEALING from the owner of the bar.

We aren't refusing to sell people a product, we are giving loyal customers a tiny reward.

We aren't refusing to sell people a product, we are giving loyal customers a tiny reward.

Well then I misunderstood, I thought when you said you "save them for customers you recognize", that implied you wouldn't sell them to customers you don't. Which is the heart of the pushback you're getting on this.

And giving away free drinks is technically STEALING from the owner of the bar.

...unless the tender pays for the drinks at the end of the night... Or the Owner okays the practice ...or the tender IS the owner ...

It's not all black and white peeps!
Exactly. At most bars I've worked at, I would have a comp-sheet. I'd write down the drinks I gave to regulars, so that the bar manager could account for the inventory.

Well then I misunderstood, I thought when you said you "save them for customers you recognize", that implied you wouldn't sell them to customers you don't. Which is the heart of the pushback you're getting on this.
In my experience, some stores have a Tupperware like drawer full of random odds and ends ... Most often bits that customers leave in store ...extra micro fibers, those lense pens, extra nose pieces etc...

These are kept behind the counter and aren't for sale ... It comes out on occasion when people are looking for a hard to find item and sometimes regular customers are allowed to 'browse' and take what tickles their fancy ...

I don't see it a withholding anything to potential clients because it wouldn't ever be for sale anyways ... I see it as a carrot for regulars who regularly rub elbows with the Staff ... Almost like a Thank You

Back