• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fast Jacket XL (Asian Fit)

csonni

Oakley Beginner
I just purchased a new pair of Oakley Fat Jacket XL (Asian Fit) sunglasses (I lost my previous Fast Jacket XL (Standard Fit) pair last summer). I had purchased additional lenses for my Fat Jacket XL pair that was lost and am now wondering if there will be any issues fitting them to the Asian Fit frames that are on the way. The seller specifically stated that the only difference is in the nose bomb. Searching around seems to say that there is also subtle differences in the frame themselves. Does anyone have any personal experience in both fitments? Should I expect an issue with fitting the standard lenses in the Asian Fit glasses?

I inquired with several 3rd party lens resellers. A few said a definite no on reg lens fitting AF frames and a couple said yes. The seller of my frames insists that my lenses for my old, lost non-Asian frames will fit. I'll have to go with that and see, I guess.

Last edited:
I inquired with several 3rd party lens resellers. A few said a definite no on reg lens fitting AF frames and a couple said yes. The seller of my frames insists that my lenses for my old, lost non-Asian frames will fit. I'll have to go with the and see I guess.

Some AF models only had larger than normal nosebombs while others had a different lens size or even different base curve on some. The AF half jackets can swap lenses between their non AF counterpart if that helps. Not sure on the fast jacket though. I’ve never seen lenses for an AF Fast jacket.....so there’s that too

Specifically, this was one user's experience....https://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/oakley-asian-fit-differences-between-models.9611/page-2#post-126993

Just got my Oakley Fast Jacket XLs today. Indeed, my Waleva lenses fit the Asian fit frames. The lenses do look a bit different than the OEM but they do fit.

Does anyone know where I could find a set of FAST JACKET frames for a decent price? I have 4 sets of lenses but lost the frames.

why does no one like the fast jacket and why was it abandoned by Oakley parts for support?
Personally, i think the fast jacket has a great lens change mechanism an should have been continued

Back