• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fast Jackets = Lousy Fit.

Really if u can do that the Half Jacket 2 is a similiar look but smaller...I still say Flaks reign supreme however, hard for me to judge, I use mostly casual and not for sports since 2 disc operations in neck....but I think HJ2 would serve u well

These new Fast Jackets, however, are heavier, and they fit sloppily. They are loose on my face. Is there a way to adjust the fit? Can an optometrist heat up the frames and tighten the curvature inward? I'm actually disappointed in them.

Any suggestions? Returning them is NOT an option, unfortunately.

I thought about getting a Fast Jacket, but reading this, I think I'll stay away from Fast Jacket until there is a huge discount. I had the perception that the FJ fits almost like a Radar and is heavier because of the switchlock, your opinion proves it. Try to craigslist, or eBay it, there are always Oakley buyers online.

Thank for the tips. I am stuck with them due to certain contractual-like obligations, however I spoke w a rep who said I *might* be able to exchange them for the exact same setup if there's something inherently wrong with the pair I have. If not, I'll adjust.

I put the larger nose bumps on yesterday and they do fit my face much better now. I expected them to come with the larger bumps by default since my Flak Jackets did. They are still too loose to stay solidly atop my head where I often wear my glasses (due to being in and out of indoors, looking at my iPhone outside, etc.).

The second set of included lenses, Persimmon, are really starting to grow on me. I wore them in cloudy gray conditions today and the filtering of blue light really made things pop with contrast. Much better than driving without any sunglasses once you get used to the rose-ish tint they give everything.

I did some experimenting with my kitchen scale. My Flak Jackets weigh .85 ounces, and the Fast Jackets weigh 1.10 ounces.

Laying one pair atop the other it's easy to see the Flak Jacket ear sock have a smaller inner-diameter measurement of the curvature compared to the Fast Jackets. I took a photo, but can't host it as I type this on my iPhone via Forum Runner, since it's not on a hosting site at the moment. I'll take a shot at posting the pic later.

Thanks again to everyone for all the thoughtful replies.

Just picked up a new pair on Friday and love them. No issues with fit at all. Just ordered different lenses for them so I have a few different options.

Traded in my flak jackets for these fast jackets today. I really like the size with the xlj lenses. The switch lock technology on these is superb! I did have to install the included larger nose bus for a better fit. They don't hug my face as tight as the flak, but they're comfortable nonetheless. The are a little flimsy in comparison though. I'll test them on a jog tomorrow and hope they're snug.
7848d9d4.jpg

Well, I used my fast jackets on my run last night and they were great. I really enjoyed the blue iridium lens for the evening. The fit was wider than the flak jackets. It almost felt like wearing a larger m frame. The side coverage on these are great! The held steady the whole run and met my needs. I'm sold.

Latest Posts

Back