• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fast Vs Flak Jackets

Flopsy

Oakley Beginner
Maryland
Hey all

I am thinkingabout picking up a new pair of Oakleys and was looking at the flak and the fast jacket.

My question is there enough in the fast jacket for the price difference? I know its a tad bigger on the lens and it has the lock mechanism, but is it much harder to remove the lens off a flack?

I do like the wider lens but im just seeing if you all think its worth the difference over all

Did they rename the Fast Jacket the Running Jacket or something? As far as the Flak, it IS a pain to swap lenses, but for running I don't usually change the lenses, either it's bright enough out for VR28 or I don't bother wearing them. I find that the frame does work well for running though. Stays put, doesn't fog a lot, etc.

What the heck is a "Run Jacket"???

And it's actually not hard to remove lenses. You just need to know how to flex the frame. I will say that if you plan to swap lenses very frequently, you may want to opt for a frame with the switch lock mechanism (Radar Lock, Fast Jacket, Split Jacket, Jawbone/Racking Jacket). Frequent lens changes on the Flak Jacket will wear the mount points on the lens and the frame over time. I have both a Flak Jacket and a Half Jacket and they both feel kinda loose as i've swapped lenses on each of these frames over the years. They're not loose, but definitely not as tight as they used to be.

Ha wow yeah fast jacket. I was looking at running shoes at the same time and confused my self. Was too early in the morning lol.

Ok so if i like to change lenses the FAST jacket is the way to go. They seem like they will feel the same wearing them over long periods.

Thanks for the heads up on the mounts when changing the lens on the flaks.

When do yall think we will be able to customize the fast jackets? I love the frame- just not in any of the colors Ive seen so far.

When do yall think we will be able to customize the fast jackets? I love the frame- just not in any of the colors Ive seen so far.

You can do it now. Havent checked online but stores have the OCP frames and lenses in stock.

Also, Flak Jacket lenses are a breeze to swap. You just cant be scared to "damage" them.

You can also buy the parts on Oakley.com:

Oakley Fast Jacket XL Replacement Lenses available at the online Oakley store

Oakley Fast Jacket Frame Accessory Kits available at the online Oakley store

I bought the Red Earsock kit for mine:
6671511357_2713a61f88.jpg

I have a pic on here I posted a coupla weeks ago w a pair of Flaks and Fast Jackets overlapping so one can see the frame size differences.

Ive always found swapping the lenses on my flaks was very easy. Cant be scared. The fast jackets are wider than the flaks. Id love a pair but theyre too big for my face.....

Latest Posts

Back