• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fat Cat loose lenses

Hi guys, I found a brand new Oakley Fat Cats in a store so had to get them but upon ariving home i found out that both lenses are a bit loose. They dont fall out, I even tried to take them out and fit them in another fat cats i have, and the lenses are ok, so it seems the frame is a bit larger and the lenses wiggle a bit. Might be that they were in the display for far to long and the frame expanded a bit? Anyone had similar experience? I dont want to put electrical tape in it as they the frame is in Whiskey color nad I want to make them completely clear.

Hi guys, I found a brand new Oakley Fat Cats in a store so had to get them but upon ariving home i found out that both lenses are a bit loose. They dont fall out, I even tried to take them out and fit them in another fat cats i have, and the lenses are ok, so it seems the frame is a bit larger and the lenses wiggle a bit. Might be that they were in the display for far to long and the frame expanded a bit? Anyone had similar experience? I dont want to put electrical tape in it as they the frame is in Whiskey color nad I want to make them completely clear.
If they don't fall out, what's the problem.

If they don't fall out, what's the problem.
Flimsy build, hinges that aren't snappy, paint imperfections, loose lenses - not something you'd expect from $100 glasses, would you? I recently bought a pair of Sylas that had similar rattling lenses and a very flimsy build right off the box. Sent it back and never bothered with that frame again.

Flimsy build, hinges that aren't snappy, paint imperfections, loose lenses - not something you'd expect from $100 glasses, would you? I recently bought a pair of Sylas that had similar rattling lenses and a very flimsy build right off the box. Sent it back and never bothered with that frame again.
So, then take the Fat Cats back or flog em here. Simple.

Back