• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fatcat?

I think a strong collection should have at least one pair of each model, to show an example, (except ladies or the few children's models), and in this respect it is worth adding a Fat Cat to your stash. There were seven in total, from 03-356 to 03-362, and were one of the nine models within the Stretchline program, and interestingly, this model and the Warden (Hammer) were the only ones that remained exclusive to that signature. (Eyepatch, Montefrio, Twitch, & Warden (Trigger) became 'Square O', Riddle & Gascan were all 'outside' except their respective lone representatives, and Razor Blades were essentially reissues). Fat Cat featured some obscure frames like Cream, Blue Camo, and Whisky, and they all came in the red microbag and superb thick cardboard, sturdy red boxes. In the UK Fat Cat became available around Nov 05 but were deleted around May 06, so they had a relatively short life, and retailed at between £75 and £125. I do not think the values today will be exceptionally high, but should realistically be above retail, but the real problem is finding 7/8 year old glasses in complete/excellent condition, if you desire them this way. Some Stretcline pieces are near impossible to find today, so I suggest if you luck into any in new condition at retail price they are worth it. Personally, I have two Fat Cat, the Whisky and Blue Camo, the latter by far the most interesting especially as the frame is unique, given the Ichiro Blue Camo is indeed much different on his recent Radar.

I got one in cream and gold, mint in box and they are unique because of the stretchline logo. If you can get one while they are still affordable, I think soon this will be rare. IMO

They show up on eBay all the time. Sometimes there's nothing but scalper pricing, but you can also find deals. I don't think I've ever paid over $100 for a pair (the Blue Camo being the most expensive). I picked up a BNIB Creme pair for $50 on eBay not too long ago.

Back