• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fatcats From EBay

headpatrolman

Smile you son of a bitch
New Jersey, USA
My new Fatcats. got em for $11.19 cents on the bay. The lenses had the UV coating peeling. Soaked em in alcohol for two hours and good as new. Frames are in great shape with only very minor wear marks. The stretchline Oakley logo is in flawless condition. Lenses are now in good shape with only cleaning swirles. Looking for some gold iridium lenses to replace them with.

Last edited by a moderator:
The lenses had the UV coating peeling. Soaked em in alcohol for two hours and good as new.

so there is actually a way to save peeling lenses or even reverse the peeling? i was told there is not way in hell once they are peeling... please clarify where you got the info to do what you did...thanks. awesome killer deal by the way....

so there is actually a way to save peeling lenses or even reverse the peeling? i was told there is not way in hell once they are peeling... please clarify where you got the info to do what you did...thanks. awesome killer deal by the way....

he removed the anti reflective coating whih is whats peeling. can you tell us what alcohol you used?

What a find! Some sellers do not know what they have. Well done

These are non iridium grey lenses. Had the coating bubbling and peeling at the edges. Soaked them in 80% isopropyl alcohol for 2 hours and the peeling coating slipped right off, both inside and outside of lenses. Cleaned with lens cleaner. The lenses are in very good shape with no scratches. Any scratches they had were light scratches in the coating. New life to some classic sunnies.

he removed the anti reflective coating whih is whats peeling. can you tell us what alcohol you used?

Used the method discussed in an earlier thread about peeling / bubbling lens coating. Placed lenses in a plastic zip sandwhich bag with just enough alcohol (80% isopropyl alcohol) to cover the lenses. Squeeze all of the air out of the bag and just let soak. After two hours the coating slid right off. According to the earlier thread, this process is harder for lenses that the coating has not started to peel or separate from the lenses. Also is harder for iridium coated lenses. My lenses were bubbling very badly, especially on the inside and were peeling at the edges. Process was very easy for these lenses. As I said, also removes light scratching as long as the scratches did not go deeper than the coating.

Used the method discussed in an earlier thread about peeling / bubbling lens coating. Placed lenses in a plastic zip sandwhich bag with just enough alcohol (80% isopropyl alcohol) to cover the lenses. Squeeze all of the air out of the bag and just let soak. After two hours the coating slid right off. According to the earlier thread, this process is harder for lenses that the coating has not started to peel or separate from the lenses. Also is harder for iridium coated lenses. My lenses were bubbling very badly, especially on the inside and were peeling at the edges. Process was very easy for these lenses. As I said, also removes light scratching as long as the scratches did not go deeper than the coating.

cool thanks for the info