• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Favorite Metal Combination

No sir, OEM 24K's.

and you have 2 of each! i bet you have at least 1 more of each still sealed in box. i hate you. lol
imo, that's the best color combination purely on looks (not even considering the value)
i'm gonna cry myself to sleep now.

i sure hope somebody tops that color combo. hopefully one that doesn't involve 24k frames (other than xx), rare lenses or impossible to find rubbers.

This has become my go-to pair over the past couple of months. X-Man Tio2 with Ice and blue rubber kit. Love the finish I got from X Man, and the blue really pops in these.

DSC_0102_zps910642db.jpg

DSC_0101_zps94304f7e.jpg

Easy... 1st place goes to <insert_drum_roll>

Ice Plasma Polarized - stock - period.

That said there are about a dozen pairs tied for 2nd... various X-Metal styles, 24K Juliet, IH Juliet, [some] Ichiros, GSR2, OG Emerald and Ice (non-polar 1st, 2nd, & 3rd editions), Maybe an R1 or Penny in the mix?

man i was just about to start a thread similar to this.

was wondering if more people lean towards keeping their frame/lens combinations "stock" (the combi in which oakley sells them), or more towards mixing and matching (i personally like ice on xmetal and black irid/ruby on plasmas). i'm getting a pair of juliet jade polars and romeo violet polar from @InfiniteHero (awesome guy!) and i can't wait to get them to see where i want them to fit.

For those people who have been on the forum for a long time here is what we typically see:

1. Newbie asking about "RED" Xmen lenses. How can they get them. They are appeased and told they cannot, and Oakley never made a pair. Then they are told to get Pos Red Custom Cuts which has recently turned into Big Taco Ruby cuts to cut out all the fruby. Then they still don't believe a member and post more posts saying they think they found a set, and then you see WOW Linegear has a set exactly like them!!!!! I am getting those. Meanwhile everyone on the forum cringes. Then comes the I want the Original Rare Ruby Lenses, how can I get a set of those?

2. New members typically have not seen @the-xman color combinations and they are new and neat. I felt the same. Most new members do not know that there are all the frame colors, lens combinations, ear sock colors etc..... I felt like a kid in a candy store when I started. Started buying different combinations that I liked and yes, wanted something unique also.

3. Over time at least a lot of members start morphing their collection to Original condition that they don't wear, and keeping a few for wearing that they can swap out the parts on.

4. Then people like me turn to complete original only and never wear any of them. I like BNIB condition sets that are absolutely complete. I like the other items a lot, and obviously have many lenses that I have cut and wear on a wearable frame, but my collection is all BNIB material centering on Limited Editions. I keep the collection private though. Might show it one day. Definitely not as complete as some of the other members.

romeo violet polar from @InfiniteHero

Spoiler Alert!... it might look something like this:

20140330_095125.jpg
20140330_095137.jpg
20140330_095145.jpg

Last edited:
i also try to keep things oem if possible. not a huge fan of customs neither, but the BLUEs are just soooo purty! they are like the jeans of the lenses, they fit any outfit frame. but it really is tough to top carguy's gold with ice! makes the copper ice penny i have look like a senior citizen...

Back