• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Favorite pair to wear/fits you best/reach for the most

Favorite Pair To Wear

• Romeo 1

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • Romeo 2

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Juliet

Votes: 29 33.7%
  • X Squared

Votes: 11 12.8%
  • Penny

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • XX

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Half-X

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Other

Votes: 6 7.0%

• Total voters
I'm a little lost on why you feel the XX provides less coverage. Specifically from where is the light leaking in on you?

Have to say that I love my new XS Carbon OO Red Iridium, but also like my Juliet which still get a look in.

I have to say that my choices are limited at the moment as I have stopped wearing contacts and I only have 4 pairs of Rx sunglasses (XS, Juliet, new style Wiretap and Flack Jacket XLJ).

The Flacks are great for when you don't want to ruin anything too valuable! E.g. Beach.

I'm a little lost on why you feel the XX provides less coverage. Specifically from where is the light leaking in on you?

Facial geometry. The way MY face is built, in order for the XX to not touch my cheekbones (same as the R1) I have to have the larger nosepieces on them; when I do that, the frame is lifted up and out...there doesn't seem to be a happy medium no matter what pieces I use...they either touch the cheekbones or they're too high. Juliets, while smaller in size, I can get to sit in a manner where they actually seal off better on my face. The XX and the R1 are so designed that on my face, all that extra size is a waste because it's sitting above my eyebrows..why the hell do I need to have a half inch above my eyebrows covered while I can practically look UNDER the bottom of the frame with my lower vision.

The only larger metal that doesn't do this and fits perfectly where I get full covarage with great wrap and no cheekbone touch is the XS; the other frame in the metal realm of design and performance that provides ZERO leakage and perfect fit is the Pit Boss

The only larger metal that doesn't do this and fits perfectly where I get full covarage with great wrap and no cheekbone touch is the XS; the other frame in the metal realm of design and performance that provides ZERO leakage and perfect fit is the Pit Boss

I love the Pit Boss also. Next to the original X Metals, these are my absolute fave. And, agreed, the PB gives the best coverage because they really wrap around the face very well.

Though I like my X metals, they aren't the ones I regularly wear.
For inclement weather: M frame, VR28 BI sweep.
For when I'm polished up: OO E Jordan, black chrome, leather gold.
For cycling: Radar, carbon fiber, VR28 BIP
For driving: New C Wire, earth brown, tungsten.
For general bangin' around, or under the moto-helmet: New Straight Jacket, polished black, OO Black Polarized.
"Variety is the spice of life! That's what the lawyer's gonna tell my wife"...

Revising my original vote from XX to XS followed by R1. I did not own an R1 at the time I voted. I now have at least one example of every model. Given what I know now, my vote goes to XS, which was a close second in my original post. Second would be R1, followed by XX. Game changer, lol.

Back