• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Favorite pair to wear/fits you best/reach for the most

Favorite Pair To Wear

• Romeo 1

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • Romeo 2

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Juliet

Votes: 29 33.7%
  • X Squared

Votes: 11 12.8%
  • Penny

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • XX

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Half-X

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Other

Votes: 6 7.0%

• Total voters
That doesn't hold true based on my personal experience with my head. On my head the ends of non hammers dig right back into the side of my head. The overall footprint of the earsocks that touch the side of my head on a non hammer is about 25 pct that of a hammer no matter what frame/shock combo is being used. On my head the hammerstems serve to bring the back part of the earstems more parallel with the side of my head causing almost all of the earsocks to contact. No matter what frames or shocks combo I ever tried across many dozens of frames over the years it was the same thing to the point I jettisoned all straight stem frames.

I think there is something particular about my facial and overall head geometry that causes the hammers to fit more comfortably, securely and look so much better than straight and while certain pictures of static not being worn frames suggest maybe such shouldn't be the case, when I put them on the differences are undeniable

Yet the fact remains that the stem geometry, both relative to the orbitals and in stem shape after the hammers, is identical on hammer vs. non-hammer Juliets. I'm not doubting your personal experience, merely saying the cause must be something different. Maybe nosebridge tightness or something like that, IDK.

I think there is something particular about my facial and overall head geometry that causes the hammers to fit more comfortably, securely and look so much better than straight and while certain pictures of static not being worn frames suggest maybe such shouldn't be the case, when I put them on the differences are undeniable

Yet the fact remains that the stem geometry, both relative to the orbitals and in stem shape after the hammers, is identical on hammer vs. non-hammer Juliets. I'm not doubting your personal experience, merely saying the cause must be something different. Maybe nosebridge tightness or something like that, IDK.

It was an eye opening experience for me. I never realized how misshaped my head was until joining the forum and playing with X-Metals.

Oakley Juliet with 15 temple shocks fit perfectly on my face. R1 looks great eventhough they look big on my face. I'm still waiting for my first Penny.

I'm the lonely random one who loves the half x frames it was my first xmetal frame and I love how it fits and feels (even though I have had to replace a hinge on one) but I have been wearing juliets more recently and they are creeping up in my estimations I also have a penny which I like but am yet to wear for any length of time

Back