• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Favoritest/Hatingest Lens Tint To LOOK Through

faves - gold, black, vr28 black, emerald, oo BIP, oo redIP

HATE- fire, violet.

imo the extra reflectivity in the fire lens is because that iridium coat is so strong/thick on the other (out)side, so light coming in from the back gets bounced back into your eye as reflection

To my eyes, Black Iridium gives a more defined image than Ice.
Ice always seems kinda woolly in comparison for me.

black irid is actualy has some blue in the base tint, so it neutralises the yellow of sunlight making things look more crisp outside. although ice has the same base tint, the iridium coating itself reflects blue light away, which means the effect that you get in the black iridium is gone.

I don't hate any lens, and have examples of all sunglass lenses except VR28 Gold P and VR35 Gold. The collection also includes 14 lenses that were never released. In general, most lenses ranging from 9% to 30% transmission will do their job on a bright day, and given the variety of colours within that, it is hard for me to pick a favourite for 'looking through', however, with very slight to almost no brightness, where this range would be too dark, only Ti Clear and Gold Clear really hit the nail on the head, for this type of light condition these are indispensable. I seldom, if ever, use lenses that go from Persimmon up, but for some other people they will have a use. Any lens can have the right function for the right person in the right conditions.

Nominating you for OF Lens go-to expert.

I only have 00 Iridiums and persimmon. I don't really care for the persimmon's effect of painting the world with a yellowish brush, but I do like how it makes things contrast and "pop" when the world is overcast, gray, drizzly, marine-layer enshrouded, etc.

Favorites: OO BIP, vr28 BIP, regular ole black iridium, 24k, and tungsten iridium.

Least favorites: fire, ruby, +red

All of the reddish colors strain my eyes and give me headaches. It's too bad because I love the look of those colors and would love to be able to wear them comfortably.

I know that the topic is fav/worst to look through; but since I already gave mine; I will voice my biggest frustration. I don't know what other people's experiences are; but the fire iridium lenses in my oil rigs are impossible to clean. I mean IMPOSSIBLE!!! Its like they grab oil and finger prints out of the air; I can wash my hands and clean them with a new cloth and they still have smudges. Drives me crazy!!!

I know that the topic is fav/worst to look through; but since I already gave mine; I will voice my biggest frustration. I don't know what other people's experiences are; but the fire iridium lenses in my oil rigs are impossible to clean. I mean IMPOSSIBLE!!! Its like they grab oil and finger prints out of the air; I can wash my hands and clean them with a new cloth and they still have smudges. Drives me crazy!!!

i had an ott with fire and it seemed like no matter what i did they always had swirls on them. very annoying indeed.

Back