• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Favoritest/Hatingest Lens Tint To LOOK Through

Bobmx, regarding your post from 1/1/16, If you're talking about a cloudy, overcast, June Gloom, May Gray, heavy marine layer type day, I believe the ideal lens that filters out the blue to make a lot of contrast and "lighten" everything up is Persimmon.

I won't go to the beach without Fire Iridium Polarized. Not only that, but I won't wear that tint any other time. I've been doing that for at least seven years, so I've been conditioned that FIP = beach.

I won't go to the beach without Fire Iridium Polarized. Not only that, but I won't wear that tint any other time. I've been doing that for at least seven years, so I've been conditioned that FIP = beach.
lol, Beach. Don't you folk call it "The shore?"

I like Tungsten Polarized and Titanium Polarized for every day wear. Light enough for med-bright indoors and dark enough for overcast to sunny conditions. Except for bright direct intense sun.
I just got my first Emerald and Jade lenses. And I am surprised by how much I like them. They really keep colors crisp, and don't dull things as much as a BIP. I've quickly become a fan.

I care a lot more about how my lenses look from the inside rather than the outside, although I do like the iridium coating so you can't see my eyes.

VR28 BIP is by far my favorite and most worn lens. Love the contrast. Gold Iridium polarized is not bad either.

I'm not a fan of ice iridium. Just seems to make everything duller. Blah.

After reading through this thread I'm sure I would like tungsten, titanium, and OO BIP as well!

Last edited:
Bobmx, regarding your post from 1/1/16, If you're talking about a cloudy, overcast, June Gloom, May Gray, heavy marine layer type day, I believe the ideal lens that filters out the blue to make a lot of contrast and "lighten" everything up is Persimmon.

you know when you look at something with a sunglass and you say ´´wow, it looks diferent´´ i wanna look at the water with no light reflection...see through ...dont know if that exists.. but im thinking try bronze pol....dont know yet...

Have discovered that I love looking through warm gray...makes everything red even redder, and skies/clouds look really defined. Also love 24k. The world looks great through it. Hate fire, but still wear it because it looks so good from the outside.

Back