• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Featured Thread of the Week - How to Manage Your Hobbies (cacatman)

Beating me up on pricing then selling for double doesn’t fly.
Not very respectful, I agree. But still, you can’t allow yourself to get annoyed at someone else’s actions. You can only control your own actions.

You could look at it and say, in an otherwise good friendship, why not be friends over a mere $500. Friends are harder to come by than $500. From your side, you’re thinking, “he shafted a friend for $500!!). And from his side, he’s probably thinking, “being unfriended for $500 shows how much he values the friendship”!!!

But I certainly sympathise with you. If it happened once, then I’d probably resist bargaining with that guy again in the future. And just stick with your price.

You could always say, “if you ever sell it, I want it back at the same price or if you do sell at a profit, give me half the difference”.

I’ve done that at times, if it’s really been a cheap price that I’ve sold to someone for.

Not very respectful, I agree. But still, you can’t allow yourself to get annoyed at someone else’s actions. You can only control your own actions.

You could look at it and say, in an otherwise good friendship, why not be friends over a mere $500. Friends are harder to come by than $500. From your side, you’re thinking, “he shafted a friend for $500!!). And from his side, he’s probably thinking, “being unfriended for $500 shows how much he values the friendship”!!!

But I certainly sympathise with you. If it happened once, then I’d probably resist bargaining with that guy again in the future. And just stick with your price.

You could always say, “if you ever sell it, I want it back at the same price or if you do sell at a profit, give me half the difference”.

I’ve done that at times, if it’s really been a cheap price that I’ve sold to someone for.
This is one of those times when I’d have to say from experience the person who chose to try and take advantage was the instigator. The seller in this case reacted by unfriending which I completely agree with. It’s the buyer who placed money over friendship not the seller.

And besides. Oakley Frank should never have done that to @Dyeraudio

Latest Posts

Back