• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Feedback ettiquite?

neill

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
USA
I realize feedback is optional but I wanted to hear everyone's opinion on what you do here.. On ebay, I almost always leave feedback for the other party, regardless of whether I am the buyer or seller and regardless of who leaves feedback first. The only time I wouldn't leave anything is if I was neutral and would just not leave any. I have done the same procedures here. It seems like about 50% of members are leaving return feedback for me. I'm mostly a buyer so far but I think I've done ~5 sales and no seller feedback for me yet.

I'm not complaining as I believe that if you have 10 or 100 positives, as long as you don't have any negatives, you're good. But I was starting to wonder if I will ever get that first seller positive. I'm waiting for it!

This has been discussed a couple times before, your sentiment is shared. Basically the etiquette is feedback is optional but if one party leaves it then the other party should reciprocate.

It's okay to ask, though - some people aren't intentionally not leaving feedback, they just don't think about it anymore and will leave some after a polite followup.

Ive had more than a few old time trusted members not leave feedback after I have. Pretty done with the whole system myself.
Whether I have 50 or 100 +feedbacks probably isnt going to sway someone from buying from me or selling to me

Ive had more than a few old time trusted members not leave feedback after I have. Pretty done with the whole system myself.
Whether I have 50 or 100 +feedbacks probably isnt going to sway someone from buying from me or selling to me
I have forgotten before. I always try

Sent from: Outer Space

I notice on eBay as well as here that people only seem to leave feedback (buyer and seller) once the item is received by the buyer.

I think they do it because if, for some reason, the item is returned, people want to be able to leave neutral or negative feedback even after the buyer has actually paid.

I'm usually a buyer, so naturally, I wait for the item to show up before leaving feedback.

I usually aim to leave feedback, send the seller a quick PM to say "thanks and that I've received the item", and then also include a "Please leave positive feedback for me, as well". All of the people I've done that to have left me (positive) feedback.

Just like you said, many eBay sellers used to wait until the buyer left them feedback first. That way, if the seller got a negative, the seller could leave a retaliatory negative feedback for the buyer. ebay now only lets sellers leave positive feedback.

That does make sense here though, since you can leave a negative for a buyer.

Just like you said, eBay sellers used to wait until the buyer left them feedback first. That way, if the seller got a negative, the seller could leave a retaliatory negative feedback for the buyer. ebay now only lets sellers leave positive feedback.

That does make sense here though, since you can leave a negative for a buyer.
But on eBay, sellers don't even want to leave a positive feedback for you, if you end up leaving negative or neutral feedback. That's why they hold off at times, too. They don't even want you to go up by +1!!!!! LOL.

I have sold stuff here, and it's generally my practice to leave positive feedback if the money comes through straight away. I think it demonstrates a kind of "goodwill' towards the buyer of your item when you do this, because they know that you are effectively giving up your chance to a possible "revenge" negative feedback.

We know I agree;) It only takes a few seconds to leave it for someone who has somtimes spent a few hundred dollars with you. if your selling A c-six It may put buyer at ease to see you have sold before and people are happy . The main thing it helps when your trying to trade with someone, that's when people get really nervous and trust is really called upon.

We know I agree;) It only takes a few seconds to leave it for someone who has somtimes spent a few hundred dollars with you. if your selling A c-six It may put buyer at ease to see you have sold before and people are happy . The main thing it helps when your trying to trade with someone, that's when people get really nervous and trust is really called upon.

Agreed Dingo (Jesus, did I really say that?!?!). I always look at the seller when I buy in here (and the Bay), I feel better about positives in here, but a negative wouldn't stop me if I know the member from earlier sales or just know them from interacting in here. I tell the seller I'll leave them feedback when we consummate the deal as soon as I get the item, if it came damaged or not as described I would work it out with them and not just leave a negative right away.

This has been discussed a couple times before, your sentiment is shared. Basically the etiquette is feedback is optional but if one party leaves it then the other party should reciprocate.

It's okay to ask, though - some people aren't intentionally not leaving feedback, they just don't think about it anymore and will leave some after a polite followup.

Here's something I find weird about myself...I will tell you I'm going to leave you feedback and then do it...but for some reason I can't ask you to leave me feedback. I don't know why...it has to be on the honor system with me. Just like if I loan you money (not 5 or 10 bucks...let's say a few hundred) because you came to me and you legitimately need the help and you say you'll pay me back on a certain schedule....I will never ever ask you for the money back. You have to pay me on your own, at your schedule or otherwise. Been that way my entire life. Honor system. I won't throw it in your face if you stiff me....but don't ever come back to the well, it's dry!!

IMO, If you're selling exactly what you offer then you should leave feedback for the buyer immediately. They pay for the item they're part is done.

As for for the buyer leaving feedback, when the item is received.

I think feedback is the most important part of the transaction. I do a lot on EBay and if a sellers feedback is bad they're not getting my business. I plan to do business here as well so its important to see the feedback. It's the only way to know or trust the seller/buyer.

Latest Posts

Back