• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Feedback Update - Mutual Feedback Feature

Made a comment in another thread but open to any additional discussion on the feedback system since I've continued to hear some comments.

The challenges the current feedback system solves
  1. Allows both parties to provide feedback
  2. Retaliatory feedback - See this latest update, now members can't see each others feedback so it should be honest and clear
  3. Access - Threads get buried over time, and requires someone to search/read the thread and find the applicable information. Feedback is displayed on a users profile at all times for easy access
  4. Duplicate Feedback / Ghost Feedback - Deal URLs are required to tie back to an actual thread/deal that occurred where members can reference details
  5. Emotional responses - Feedback is factual and left on a profile for all to see and use their juidgment, vs. threads in the past have led to emotional "crowd with a pitch fork" responses where everyone piles up on a supposed "scammer", only to find out ~90% of time he just was on vacation
Am very interested in the following:
  1. Current challenges you see with the feedback system
  2. Proposed Solution to feedback
  3. How does it solve feedback better than the feedback system today? (e.g a thread which gets buried vs. feedback that appears on a profile / the challenges listed above)
  4. What would you do with the current feedback in the system today? (e.g keep it plus the new solution, throw it away etc.?)

Since this is thread about feedback I will leave my question here. How is it that someone with a recent negative feedback that has been fully posted still shows 100% when you hover over their information?

Since this is thread about feedback I will leave my question here. How is it that someone with a recent negative feedback that has been fully posted still shows 100% when you hover over their information?

I’ve brought that up before and it looks as if nothing was done about it.

YFG’s account STILL shows 100% positive feedback LMFAO
ecd327e31f754714a5ce12c747a57060.jpg

Last edited:
I’ve brought that up before and it looks as if nothing was done about it.

YFG’s account STILL shows 100% positive feedback LMFAO
View attachment 928172

That account should just be deleted at this point. It’s just misleading…

The account is banned, and he hasn't logged on in over a year. Looks like the 100% is because it's 1 negative review vs. 219 so it's 99.5% which gets rounded up. You can see the details including the negative feedback when you click on it.

Screen Shot 2022-01-01 at 8.11.16 PM.png

But the account is completely banned forever so there's no risk of him coming back to scam anyone else. Deleting all the feedback/account fully would also delete the feedback left for others since it's a 2-way street which is one of the difficulties.

The account is banned, and he hasn't logged on in over a year. Looks like the 100% is because it's 1 negative review vs. 219 so it's 99.5% which gets rounded up. You can see the details including the negative feedback when you click on it.

View attachment 928179

But the account is completely banned forever so there's no risk of him coming back to scam anyone else. Deleting all the feedback/account fully would also delete the feedback left for others since it's a 2-way street which is one of the difficulties.

Change the user name to “Known Scammer” lol

View attachment 928179

So how many positive feedbacks are you allowed to have to scam someone and still have 100% visible positive feedback?

So how many positive feedbacks are you allowed to have to scam someone and still have 100% visible positive feedback?

Well in this case it would appear over 200 since mathematically that would give you 99.5% which rounds up.

Maybe it would help me to understand - is there a specific concern we're solving for? Might be able to come up with something then. Since the account is banned he isn't doing any deals on the forum, so the feedback is useless to him.

Back