• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ferrari Carbon Blade

I talked to the O Store yesterday and they still had no Carbon Blades in and still didn't show any coming and I also talked to someone at HQ and was told the Ferrari ones are gonna be a few days longer before they are for sale, they couldn't give me an exact day.

I talked to the O Store yesterday and they still had no Carbon Blades in and still didn't show any coming and I also talked to someone at HQ and was told the Ferrari ones are gonna be a few days longer before they are for sale, they couldn't give me an exact day.

The Ferrari's can be ordered now and should ship next week. Whoever told you that is probably one of the Luxottica drones... read on...

Over the last couple of weeks I spoke to about a dozen folks. Most of them said the Oakley Carbon Blades would be in stores and online on 1-Apr, except for the Ferrari- as that was an in store special only to get people int the door. I tried to get 24-hour holds on mine - the 'regular ones' on Monday, 31-Mar and the stores told me they did not have them in nor were they showing as shipped. Every rep and employee I spoke to found this confusing as this was not what they were told. Nothing in their store, nothing on the way, not even in the system... Come to find out Tuesday morning at 0900 ET (0600PT) when I called Oakley that was never the plan. That information about the stores came from Customer Support folks who know about as much about RayBan's new releases as they do Oakley's - a successful exercise in misinformation, likely caused by the mothership. The bottom line here is that the intention was never to have them in the stores when the doors opened on 1-Apr, but rather to phase them in. Begin on the phone and online and have them trickle into the stores the first week or two of the release.

Also note that the reps and many folks at the stores were convinced that the Ferrari edition CB would be an in-store special only and would not be available online or by phone. They said they were doing this to get people in the door. This was also bass-ackwards.... DAFAQ?

Those of us following this would have noticed Tuesday that one by one, every few hours another model became orderable via the website. By the end of the day all but the Ferrari were available and then the Ferrari went live later Tuesday night. So basically all that in-store jargon was misinformation given by a company either deliberately to confuse folks or in ignorance since one side of the Luxottica brain cannot communicate with the other. One more time everybody... "DAFAQ?"

The reality for me was I was able to recognize the BS on Monday and made it a point to be first on the line when the phones opened Tuesday @ 0901 ET. After going through a couple of folks I got someone who was able to place my order manually. I was in with a confirmed order, two orders actually, before the site was live, technically speaking. I had my 01-05's in one order, knowing they would be ready sooner than later. Then my 06's - the Ferrari's, of which I ordered 2, on a separate order so they did not hold up the rest. Yesterday I got my tracking # and today I expect my 01-05 to arrive by end of day [for UPS]. I think the Ferrari's will take another week or two, but they will follow soon. I also expect O-stores to have these in their cases later this week, next week, so it won't be long, or at least it should not. I guess we'll see.

In the meantime my CBs should be here in about 12 hours presuming UPS maintains their usual local schedule.

I kind of wish they would have just said 'April fools', but this does not qualify. It was a miscommunication internally that led to miscommunication with customers, which brings us to this thread.

OO9174-01 through 05 @ Oakley Polarized Carbon Blade | Official Oakley Store
All live, all available for immediate shipment

OO9174-06 @ Oakley Special Edition Ferrari Polarized Carbon Blade | Official Oakley Store
Live, but may take another few days if not a week or two

Enjoy!

Haha yea I had my source order one for me to look at really when I say that I buy it haha. I knew about this frame Carbon Blade for over a year now just didn't know when it would be released