• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ferrari Jupiter Carbon

Also... is the outer box 'serialized' as the Ferrari CB's, an officially licensed product with a hologram of sorts on the backside of the box, opposite the logo?!
FYI all Ferrari merchandise and collaborations always do have a hologram serial numbers on their packaging, time piece, perfume, shoes, hats, clothing, scaled models...........everything. :)

Treading the thin line on X-posting, having already discussed a lot of this elsewhere... I have received my Jupiter Ferrari's and I am not impressed. I like the lenses themselves, but there is waaaay too much plastic wrapped around them. Also the hinges are cool. That is about it, everything else is kind of lame, or at least falls short of the Ferrari cousin CB. There is way too much plastic overall and the lenses are larger than they need to be, add that again to the plastic, and I suspect they rest on a standard cheek and brow for most folks, like they do for me, which I don't like - not like that.

There is simply not enough carbon to compensate for the plastic. I see this as a fail for Oakley and Ferrari. Initial pics including some next to the CB @

Ferrari Jupiter - a set on Flickr

I'll have more accurate/detailed/anatomically_correct pics if I decide to keep them, which right now is very much in question.

LOL you selling one already?

More like returning... Yeah, I really don't care for it. Don't get me wrong, it is nice - for someone else, not me.

Unless someone wants to PM me, I could sell it for less and take a partial trade in something else. That may be a good deal for someone who has an empty X-Metal frame or set of NIB lenses they want to part with and would be buying one of these anyway. That could also save tax and shipping (I got free shipping, but...) - after sales tax its $402.80 after tax new in my state.

PM me if interested. I cannot see this going more than a few days, a week tops in my cab before I open an RMA and exile the plastic back to 1 Icon...

Seriously. I don't care for it - at all.

LOL well I dont know if I will end up buying it but someone might get it for me from her friend who is a Oakley dealer but then again its pricey dont think I am going to ask for it.

Damn I absolutely love Jupiter carbons and plan on getting this one for sure at some point. I will not pay the retail for it though lol. Neither would I for the carbon blades, but they aren't really my style, as cool as they look..

Everyone is different. The jupiter ferrari maybe a fail for some but for me its different. I personally love the jupiter ferrari. The carbon blade looks cool but i personally wont wear it. That is why sunglasses come in different styles to suit the individuality of every person.

Everyone is different. The jupiter ferrari maybe a fail for some but for me its different. I personally love the jupiter ferrari. The carbon blade looks cool but i personally wont wear it.

Exactly!

There you go - two very sincere but different opinions :). Aren't forums great!

I have all the CBs, have worn each, and will continue to wear them - even the Ferrari, one of my least favorite colorways. The CBs hold tight without touching your face, the lenses are not 'oversized', and I don't feel like I am wearing goggles or a ski mask.

These Jupiters on the other hand have lenses bigger than X-Squared for those of you who know X-Metals - that is pretty big!!!

...and the CBs are not overdone with excessive non-essential materials (i.e. plastic :rolleyes:).

This Jupiter may never see the light of day on my face again. I never have been a Frogskin guy and this just feels like an oversized... way oversized Frogskin to me with slightly nicer arms and hinges. If the carbon fiber on the sides compensated for the excessive plastic upfront, which is what I was hoping for when I ordered them, I might wear them on occasion. Unfortunately I don't like the fit or feel, at all, whatsoever, but case in point, some of you will... Especially the Frogskin and Holbrook faithful I suspect ;).

Last edited: