• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ferrari Tincan Carbon: No Hard Case?

GH4AU

Carbon Fanatic
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
The South
Soooo... I received my Ferrari Tincan Carbon today and when I picked up the box, it felt awfully light. I just knew something was missing. I opened it up and found the sunglasses inside a Ferrari microfiber bag, but there was no red Ferrari hard case. I was a bit perturbed to say the least. The cheaper Tincans and Tinfoils come with hard cases, and even the older Ferrari Tincan comes with a Ferrari hard case.
I called up Oakley, assuming my hard case was left out of the box by accident, and I was told that it does not come with a hard case. Uhhh, WTF? I just knew the girl on the other end of the line was confused or something. I had her ask another associate. Sure enough, no hard case is included with the expensive Ferrari Tincan Carbon. I am completely blown away that Oakley would not include the case with this special edition. Ahh well, the sunglasses are still bada$$. Oh, and since I sweet talked her, she decided to go ahead and send me a free carbon hard case. It's not a Ferrari but it's better than nothing. :)

Soooo... I received my Ferrari Tincan Carbon today and when I picked up the box, it felt awfully light. I just knew something was missing. I opened it up and found the sunglasses inside a Ferrari microfiber bag, but there was no red Ferrari hard case. I was a bit perturbed to say the least. The cheaper Tincans and Tinfoils come with hard cases, and even the older Ferrari Tincan comes with a Ferrari hard case.
I called up Oakley, assuming my hard case was left out of the box by accident, and I was told that it does not come with a hard case. Uhhh, WTF? I just knew the girl on the other end of the line was confused or something. I had her ask another associate. Sure enough, no hard case is included with the expensive Ferrari Tincan Carbon. I am completely blown away that Oakley would not include the case with this special edition. Ahh well, the sunglasses are still bada$$. Oh, and since I sweet talked her, she decided to go ahead and send me a free carbon hard case. It's not a Ferrari but it's better than nothing. :)
I think it's ridiculous how there seems to be a 'cheapening' of offerings sometimes.

No more 'nice' boxes, fewer nice bags or added fold out or pop ... What's next? Cutting out the registration cards?

Even the hallowed Wally's came with a fold out AND a sticker ...

These aren't Frogskins ... They pretty expensive frames ...

I hope they buck this trend (at least the O Metals came with a acceptable case) with future releases ...

pictures? i am thinking with my FNF discount code i might get a tincan. trying to decide between the matte black/ice carbon, pewter/BIP, or Ferrari carbon.

only issue is i have avoided buying Ferrari pairs. being a car guy i think it would be weird to wear a car brand i don't have or probably wont ever have. where is the Dodge or SRT edition Tincan carbon. haha.

Wow. I'm shocked at this. I dont care for them personally but the case to me is part of the package

Yes this is the reason someone is buying a limited or special edition to receive what "we" are looking for, and sadly to say that, they keep the costs low and got much as the company can earn, seems to be the new policy :(

That is disappointing! I was planning to buy that when my local O store gets it, now I don't know...

That is disappointing. I bought a regular Tinfoil when they first came out and it came with a hard case. You would think the much more expensive Tincan carbon, let alone a special edition like Ferrari edition, would come with a hard case.

I don't know any FACT on this- but I have to second that the hard case appears to only be shipping with polarized variants of Ferrari models. No biggie- you just spent $100s and $100s on a luxury item that costs 1/20th what you paid to make, just go get a hard case for $65 in the aftermarket :0p