• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Few pickups from members & my first Juliet

96.SVT.COBRA

I should Work at Oakley
Today has been a fantastic day for my budding collection. I purchased a couple pop cards from @GRFMotorsports to display nicely next to my splice & half jacket pairs I already had. I also traded a bunker to @pjd1234 for a few items in a new JFL ice iridium, dog tag and 2 older display props. Lastly I was up to no good on the ol interwebs and found my very first Juliet for sale at a price I couldn't refuse (Although almost 3 hours away from me). Had the day off and I decided to call and confirm it was still available so I said what the hell, lets go get em! Made it an Oakley trip after picking up the Juliets and stopped into the Local O store to see if they had anything I couldn't resist and stopped at the O Vault to find a few pieces for the new pair I just aquired. I ended up picking up 2 sets of black rubber and 1 set of rootbeer rubber for the Juliets, 1 BI and 1 Ice lenses as well to boot! All in all quite a memorable day. The Juliets will need @THE X-MAN's help to bring them back to life as they flop in your hands worse than any other pair I have ever seen in person but they are a starting point! Can someone help ID them for me? I was thinking Carbon/BIP but the lenses seem too light for BIP. I am still partially scared someone is gonna say they are fakes but I looked for the tale-tale signs that I knew of regarding screws instead of the rivets but these did not have a serial #. I know it's not a for sure just makes it a little more unnerving when buying a frame for the first time. On to the pics!

photo24_zpsf2a02641.jpg
photo14_zps1d94957a.jpg
photo2_zpsc3bb0113.jpg
photo15_zps01c97c1b.jpg
photo25_zpsdb088c85.jpg
photo33_zpsd9536ead.jpg
photo43_zpsf040f33c.jpg

And for some reason I have a desire to get the Juliets redone to mimic this pair:
24k-BIJuliets_zpsfaa8401a.jpg

Keep them in the same family colorway or switch it up? I am looking for a bit more beyond style I think for my first Juliet as I got some more subdued Half-X frames in Carbon & X-Metal frames.

Thanks for checking out the newest additions for me :cool-20:

its very nice that youre enjoying them, right on bro great that the collection is growing all pairs looks might awesome :cool-20::cool-20::cool-20:

the Juliet looks legit bro, nothing fake there some x metals which are later releases does not have serials or sku, by the pics I can tell no fakes there ;)

Thanks everyone :)

I already had the splices just picked up the pop card for it. The Juliet and the JFL are new though.

Any thoughts or ideas on a custom route to go? I'm really feeling like a TIO look with maybe x-metal/24k combo. Not too sure on the lens/rubber choice in that though.

Latest Posts

Back