• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Few questions about Time Bomb II

iamFLIP

Unretired
I had a couple of other automatic watches before. The first one takes thousand of arm swings to fully charge and reserve energy will power the watch for about a few days. The last one I had takes about 250 swings to have a day of reserve energy and full reserve will power the watch for 4 - 6 months. And those watches had a button to check how much reserve energy left.

So, how many arm swings will fully charge the TB II? And how can you tell how much reserve energy does it have left energy left in the mainspring? I tried to read the manual but didn't find those info in there.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Taken from another site:

image.png

'power reserve' in an automatically wound mechanical watch is just a loose term for how much energy is in the mainspring.

you cannot tell how much 'reserve' is left apart from noting the time at which it is exhausted of it's energy and stops.

if you fully wind it by the crown (25-30 turns as stated above) you can then measure exactly how long before it stops without being worn.

Sent from my Nokia 5210 using TapaTalk

'power reserve' in an automatically wound mechanical watch is just a loose term for how much energy is in the mainspring.

you cannot tell how much 'reserve' is left apart from noting the time at which it is exhausted of it's energy and stops.

Ok, I updated my question in the first post.

Latest Posts

Back