• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

FINALLY Found An X Metal VAULT

If you get it, post back and let us know...I might go hunting for another at some local stores if I think I might get somewhere. As it is, the one I'm getting is in 99% condition from what I can see...perfect foam which uncommon in "used" units. I didn't even hesitate when I saw it at that price because I know what the market has been for them...at LEAST $110 shipped an up...and that's for units in pretty well used shape.

My wife asked me what I got cause I was excited afterwards and I showed her "you're excited over a big, clunky metal box?". ROFL. The things that make Oakley fanatics happy.

I would go in wearing my juliets and talk with them. When I go on my vault road trips I usually take a few rare pairs with me. Gets them talking, and when they see you know your stuff, you might get lucky. What can ya lose???
That's a good idea.

Maybe I should go in with my Juliets over my eyes and my Penny on my forehead. LOL

If you get it, post back and let us know...I might go hunting for another at some local stores if I think I might get somewhere. As it is, the one I'm getting is in 99% condition from what I can see...perfect foam which uncommon in "used" units. I didn't even hesitate when I saw it at that price because I know what the market has been for them...at LEAST $110 shipped an up...and that's for units in pretty well used shape.

My wife asked me what I got cause I was excited afterwards and I showed her "you're excited over a big, clunky metal box?". ROFL. The things that make Oakley fanatics happy.

Its funny you mention the foam.... I have a vault sitting on my credenza in my office along with other Oakley stuff. Its been ther for about a year, empty. The vault is perfect, and I believe it has something to do with the fact its a climate controlled office, and nothing gets stored in it....I thing the foam breaks down from sweat and iols off the frames stored in them and heat..

Its funny you mention the foam.... I have a vault sitting on my credenza in my office along with other Oakley stuff. Its been ther for about a year, empty. The vault is perfect, and I believe it has something to do with the fact its a climate controlled office, and nothing gets stored in it....I thing the foam breaks down from sweat and iols off the frames stored in them and heat..

Interesting...well I know this much, the minute I get this vault the tape measure is coming out and I'm finding some foam and cutting some additional sets. I'll probably use those vs. The original foam which ill store. I double bag my glasses no matter what they're cased in so that shouldn't be an issue

I went to pick up my wife's regular glasses the other day at the store she goes too. What do I see in their Oakley display case. X-metal case brand new. So I ask about it and they did not even have it in their inventory anymore. Guy sold it to me for $45 no tax. Cash money. I got lucky. Just ask again Razerwire. Hope you get it.

I went to pick up my wife's regular glasses the other day at the store she goes too. What do I see in their Oakley display case. X-metal case brand new. So I ask about it and they did not even have it in their inventory anymore. Guy sold it to me for $45 no tax. Cash money. I got lucky. Just ask again Razerwire. Hope you get it.
Yeah I'm going to call them first thing tomorrow. If that doesn't work I'm going to drive to the store and see if a manager is present.

It's is definitely an Oakley case, not very practical, but totally cool. I remember getting one at an O store for $10 a few years back. Too bad I didn't get more of them.

Even tho Im not an xmetal person I picked a few of these up at an oakley sale, got 3 for $20!! I just thought I need them for my display!!!

Back