• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

FINALLY Found An X Metal VAULT

Crap. I called them first thing in the morning and was told that they couldn't sell it because it didn't have the correct foam inserts. I asked again if there were any other stores that may have it for a transfer and the guy said no. So one guy on Friday said there was and today a different guy says there isn't. WTF.

Crap. I called them first thing in the morning and was told that they couldn't sell it because it didn't have the correct foam inserts. I asked again if there were any other stores that may have it for a transfer and the guy said no. So one guy on Friday said there was and today a different guy says there isn't. WTF.

Huh? Don't have the correct foam inserts? Sell you the &&$&*$*(*$($ case for crying out loud and you can make your own. They act you're asking them to sell you car without its airbags.

What sucks is if the first guy who said there were numerous stores that had them and would transfer one for me didn't know what he was talking about, I'm back to square one. That and every time I walk into the O Store that X Metal case with the wrong foam inserts are going to mock me.

What sucks is if the first guy who said there were numerous stores that had them and would transfer one for me didn't know what he was talking about, I'm back to square one. That and every time I walk into the O Store that X Metal case with the wrong foam inserts are going to mock me.

Those smoke/stink bombs for 4th of July? Light about 8 of those, toss in the front door of the O-Store, snatch case and run.

How's that for mad science?

ARGH.

So I called again and got a nice lady this time who seemed like she knew her stuff more than the guy in the morning.

I asked about the status of the transfer and she said that the case was there for me to pick up. Great right? I ask to make sure that it's the metal one and she says it was the nylon one. DOH!

SO.

She double checked the status again and said there might be one coming from the Soho store in NYC but it probably won't get here for another month or so. I told her that's fine as I'm in no rush.

She's also passing the info onto the manager and said they'll keep me in the loop on the situation. I gave her the SKU number just to be sure that there's no mix up on what case I want.

Now the question becomes, if that first guy put in a transfer for the nylon case, wouldn't he have noticed that he has them in stock in the store to begin with?

ARGH.

So I called again and got a nice lady this time who seemed like she knew her stuff more than the guy in the morning.

I asked about the status of the transfer and she said that the case was there for me to pick up. Great right? I ask to make sure that it's the metal one and she says it was the nylon one. DOH!

SO.

She double checked the status again and said there might be one coming from the Soho store in NYC but it probably won't get here for another month or so. I told her that's fine as I'm in no rush.

She's also passing the info onto the manager and said they'll keep me in the loop on the situation. I gave her the SKU number just to be sure that there's no mix up on what case I want.

Now the question becomes, if that first guy put in a transfer for the nylon case, wouldn't he have noticed that he has them in stock in the store to begin with?

But did he? The manager at one of my nearby O-Stores said they keep as low a stock of anything X Metal related because they can't move any stock. And then the other employee nearby says "weren't we moving that display for the other one" motioning at the X Metal display case. I almost blew a gasket.

Back