• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Finally Got A Pair Of Carbon/Black Polarized Juliets. A Few Questions:

Kiwi

Oakley Expert
WA
So I finally managed to get my hands on a pair of carbon/black polarized Juliets. This is my first time owning polarized lenses (of any sort). While wearing them driving, I noticed that a lot of things (surfaces) give off this "hologram" affect. Is this normal for polarized? It mainly happens to shiny surfaces like car back windows and especially phone screen. The weather was overcast today. Also the lenses have some deep scratches near the corner. Is there anyway to repair, or hide the scratches?

Sorry for not posting pictures but they are just standard retail models, nothing everyone hasn't already seen. One more question: what does 04-149 55O21 indicate. I read that it is the SKU and Lens sizes. Is that correct?

The rainbowing from what I can tell is caused by film tint. Smoked glass doesn't give off this effect, but using the film does. I found it odd at first as well.

Thanks for the reassurance. It's cool at first but I can see how it can get a little distracting.

Any possibilities on how to repair scratches on a lenses? went into the oakley store and the employee told doth there aren't any ways to repair scratches. Buffing would ruin the performance of the lens.