• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Finally Got David Flores Version 1

This is what i know:

After the DF1 was released for the opeing on the O-Store. Oakley saw how popular the artist edition was. They commision DF to come up with a 2nd edition, is was to be released as a general release and availbale to all regions.

Literally afew weeks before release, it was reported to the O Brand Manager by a member of O-R that DF himself was on "Megan's List" in the States. As far as im aware, DF had been arrrested for streaking in public. Where a child happened to have been there(This I cant confirm). However, this didnt matter to Oakley. Release was cancelled. All non shipped pieces were distroyed. All outstanding orders cancelled.

This is what i know:

After the DF1 was released for the opeing on the O-Store. Oakley saw how popular the artist edition was. They commision DF to come up with a 2nd edition, is was to be released as a general release and availbale to all regions.

Literally afew weeks before release, it was reported to the O Brand Manager by a member of O-R that DF himself was on "Megan's List" in the States. As far as im aware, DF had been arrrested for streaking in public. Where a child happened to have been there(This I cant confirm). However, this didnt matter to Oakley. Release was cancelled. All non shipped pieces were distroyed. All outstanding orders cancelled.

sounds like a conspiracy to hike the price up for the DF2s (or maybe i'm thinking too much)... since some of the stocks already made it out to distributers / logistic partners ready to be put onto shelves...
interesting though... thanks for the insights, Frogtastic...

those two babies are the first of the artist series . . .

I LUV THEM!!!!!!

1.0 japan release - the brown frame, gunmetal icon (20 with orange icon as far a s i know)
2.0 us release - the blue frame, only with one gunmetal icon

They only made 50 of the originals with the orange icons. Word is they produced another 50 with the gunmetal icon but some of them never made it to market. Its my belief that there are actually more orange icons, but id still rather have the orange icon version for looks. But i have one and thats what matters!

They only made 50 of the originals with the orange icons. Word is they produced another 50 with the gunmetal icon but some of them never made it to market. Its my belief that there are actually more orange icons, but id still rather have the orange icon version for looks. But i have one and thats what matters!

i think we'll never know the true number with regards to the gunmetal/orange ratio of the flores 1.0..=)

Back