• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Finally R2

Congrats man! Love the R2, its quickly becoming one of my favorite frames! It is so damn light and comfortable! Glad Linegear is finally going to make replacement rubber for it as the OEM stuff was getting nearly impossible to find. Wear them well!

Congrats man! Love the R2, its quickly becoming one of my favorite frames! It is so damn light and comfortable! Glad Linegear is finally going to make replacement rubber for it as the OEM stuff was getting nearly impossible to find. Wear them well!

It's my only pair right now, so they will sit until I get a second pair that I can wear. May just look for box and coin to try to complete the set. :)

It's my only pair right now, so they will sit until I get a second pair that I can wear. May just look for box and coin to try to complete the set. :)
I did the same thing, found a total beater on eBay for a good price and snagged it. Then I learned what a pain it was to find replacement rubbers. They will probably need a tune up by X-Man at some point but for now they are perfect! Also, if you get a beater, make sure the lens screws and lens gaskets are present. My beater had screws but not the rubber gaskets. jdd32 came to the rescue for the replacement rubber with his custom rubber kit and for a functional pair of lens gaskets.

I did the same thing, found a total beater on eBay for a good price and snagged it. Then I learned what a pain it was to find replacement rubbers. They will probably need a tune up by X-Man at some point but for now they are perfect! Also, if you get a beater, make sure the lens screws and lens gaskets are present. My beater had screws but not the rubber gaskets. jdd32 came to the rescue for the replacement rubber with his custom rubber kit and for a functional pair of lens gaskets.

Right now, I think it may just be easier to get a pair that's in good shape. Prices are not way out of control on these, and finding replacement parts are very difficult (until @Linegear Official starts putting out replacement). So, if you get a beater pair, you may need to replace lenses, which probably means custom cuts, you may need to have nose bridge tune, may need rubbers (impossible to find), and that would cost you more than just paying for an excellent condition pair. I'm just surprised that they don't go for a whole lot more than they do.

Right now, I think it may just be easier to get a pair that's in good shape. Prices are not way out of control on these, and finding replacement parts are very difficult (until @Linegear Official starts putting out replacement). So, if you get a beater pair, you may need to replace lenses, which probably means custom cuts, you may need to have nose bridge tune, may need rubbers (impossible to find), and that would cost you more than just paying for an excellent condition pair. I'm just surprised that they don't go for a whole lot more than they do.
I agree, The time I seen lenses cheap ot15 had them that's it .. Watch X sqaured took off then now Mars starting .then r2.. Half X. Is still a maybe just to much like wires

I agree, The time I seen lenses cheap ot15 had them that's it .. Watch X sqaured took off then now Mars starting .then r2.. Half X. Is still a maybe just to much like wires

Agree bro. Like you have said before, these go in cycles. Mars was kept down by sunglassparts, but I think she really is out, so prices should start creeping up on the Mars. Don't know what has held back R2. I don't know if Half X will ever go up, since they are not important to many people.

Back