• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Finally! The Romeo's can be worn!!!

Uluahunter

I should Work at Oakley
Hawaii
Starting off with the good news...Just got my package in the mail today from Linegear! Ordered a set of Tanzanite Romeo 1 lenses, full rubber set (black) and an extra set of gaskets (top & bottom). Everything was well packaged and damage free. The rubbers are soft and tacky, pretty similar to the stock sets, I'm very impressed. The gaskets are also soft and flexible, similar to stock. The lenses were very pleasing to the eye, but actually contain more violet hues than I expected...still, very nice color shifts between the violet and red though. Clarity of the lenses compared to stock are fairly good. I only wore them for about 20 mins., but they seemed close to stock. Will have to keep wearing them for a few more days to really get a feel for them.

Now for the bad news...mounting the lenses were harder than any other lenses I've dealt with in the x-metal line. I mounted the right side (my right) first, went in pretty smooth and with minimum effort. Then tried mounting the left side...WTH!! For the life of me I couldn't get the lens to seat properly in the channel. After about half an hour of trying to mount the lens and tighten down the torx screw (the screw wasn't catching the threads), taking it apart and doing it over and over again, I finally took a step back to think. After looking more closely at the left side, I realized that the lens was a hair to big, and it wasn't allowing the orbital gap to close enough for the torx screw to thread down. Sooooo, like an impatient monkey I decide to file down the lens so I can fit it into the orbital, because I want to wear it today...wrong move. My lack of patience and skill caused me to slip a couple of times and create a few nice little scratches on my brand new lenses!!!! AAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH....DAAAMMMMMIITTTT!!! Oh well, that's what I deserve :doh:! After all of that, I also realized that these lenses scratch prone, even to the lightest degree. I found cleaning swirls on both sides after wiping them down with my stock microclear bag, wow. Guess this set of lenses were just not meant to be. I'll probably order from Linegear again cause I like their lenses, but now know what not to do. These will be one of my daily wearer's anyway, so at least I don't have to worry about scratching the lenses now :blink:.

DSC03317.jpg

DSC03318.jpg

DSC03319.jpg

DSC03321.jpg

DSC03323.jpg

DSC03322.jpg

I did not have a problem with my xx lenses from them. I love how they are as thick as the stock ones which is much thicker than the other aftermarket lenses. I have Linegear, evolense, samvette, and Visionary lenses as my aftermarket lenses in different shades. Out of all of them linegear are my favorite followed by evolense.

I did not have a problem with my xx lenses from them. I love how they are as thick as the stock ones which is much thicker than the other aftermarket lenses. I have Linegear, evolense, samvette, and Visionary lenses as my aftermarket lenses in different shades. Out of all of them linegear are my favorite followed by evolense.

Weird huh, I wasn't expecting to have any issues either, but boy was I wrong! It took me long enough to finally realize that the sizing was a tad off, and that's why I couldn't fit them in properly. Once I shaved them down a bit with the file, they fit great.

These were my first ever pair of lenses from Linegear, actually my first non-oem pair period. They do compare very closely to stock as you said, and clarity is pretty close also. The only other aftermarket brand I've seen and tried on were VL's, and they were terrible compared to stock. I'll definitely buy Linegear lenses again...just need to be really, really careful with them.

Those gaskets look like the real thing!!!

Yeah, they are really similar to stock. I haven't put them in yet since my stock ones are still in good shape. I'm already thinking about picking up some more...maybe in the red and white sets :tongue:.

Forgot to add...the nose bombs fit nice and snug and are very comfortable, with a soft, tacky feel like the oem rubbers. Also, the t-shocks don't have the numbering on them (15,25,etc), but they are easy to tell apart from the thickness of each...they fit nice and snug also. For those still on the fence about ordering these rubbers, I'd definitely recommend them.

i dont think i can suit romeo 1, but sorry about that lens issue! thats why i stick to factory Oakley lenses. :) at least the frame is in great shape. i wonder if brip's dg mods guy could hook you up with some rubby gaskets if these dont work out.

Bummer about the lenses. How long did it take for them to ship this stuff to you?

Mahalo Rob, long time no talk :smile:. I placed my order on Apr. 1st, they confirmed shipment on Apr. 4th and the package arrived on Apr. 9th...so 8 days total from order to delivery, not bad coming from Japan via EMS. On average, our care packages to and from our relatives in Japan usually take about 4-6 days, so just a couple days longer. It's torture as usual when waiting on anything in the mail, no matter how long it takes, LOL.

i dont think i can suit romeo 1, but sorry about that lens issue! thats why i stick to factory Oakley lenses. :) at least the frame is in great shape. i wonder if brip's dg mods guy could hook you up with some rubby gaskets if these dont work out.

Mahalo yosh! Yeah, I effed the lenses up myself by being impatient and trying to rush things :sad:. I normally go with oem lenses, but since I was already planning to order the rubber sets, I figured why not try the lenses too.

Did dg mods come out with R1 rubbers? I'm planning on trying a set of his Juliet gaskets soon.

There have been issues with oem XX lenses not fitting and needing trimming to fit. I am quite pleased with the quality of linegear compared to oem. I think it is as close you can get without oem.