• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Finding the right glasses and sutro lite lens wobble

biggydeen

Oakley Beginner
Hi,

First post here, little introduction:

Living in the Netherlands (Europe). Doing race and MTB all year. Looking for my first set of "pro" glasses. Hopefully one glas to rule them all...

Currently I have some cheap ass sunglass. Without a frame on the bottom half of the glass. My MTB rides are 90% in the forest. My road rides are most of the time in sunny area's. Although, most roads consist of many trees lining up with the road. Also, in this country it's mostly cloudy.

So I went to look for some new set of Oakley's. Already bought 2 pair but had to return them. First one I tried were the Razor EV path prizm road. Actually very nice glasses. But the ventilation holes in the top are really bothering me. I could not help noticing those holes from time to time and really distracted me. The lens was very nice though. But had to return them.

Next I tried the Sutro (blue saphire). Sutro was a better fit for my head comparing to the Razor EV. Also noticed I had to ajust the Razor EV from time to time when on the bike. The Sutro was nice but the lens was quite different (didn't look into the lens part tbh). I liked the Razor lens much more. But the biggest problem with the Sutro is the frame in the bottom. Could not help noticing the frame really limiting my view. Even though the Sutro is a really big sunglass.

My question, what would be the perfect Oakley in my situation?

- no ventilation holes
- no frame

Since I liked the Sutro, I ordered the Sutro Lite. This time the trail torch version. Since i'm mountain biking in 90% forest area's this seems to be the best pick. But I'm wondering how this one will perform on open roads in sunny conditions.

I also noticed the EV Zero which looks great aswell. But i'm wondering how robust these glasses are. Looks like they can break quite easily when you accidentically drop them. But these are $190 while the sutro lite is $130. Since I liked the normal Sutro, the Sutro lite seems to be the best option.

One thing I noticed in some reviews is some people reported lens wobble in the sutro lite. Now this seems to be a problem if this is true. Can anyone owning the Sutro Lite confirm this? Wondering if this is by design or some fault.

Thanks!

I have a ton of Sutro lites and I love them. It’s everything the Sutro is missing except the only downside is I’m not sure how to go about “Earsocks” or even a replacement arm once worn out!

If you want something like the evzero go for the encoder. They’re more solid

I have a ton of Sutro lites and I love them. It’s everything the Sutro is missing except the only downside is I’m not sure how to go about “Earsocks” or even a replacement arm once worn out!

If you want something like the evzero go for the encoder. They’re more solid
Do you notice any lens wobble with the Sutro Lites?

My only concern is not blocking enough light on very sunny days. But only one way to find out :)

Do you notice any lens wobble with the Sutro Lites?

My only concern is not blocking enough light on very sunny days. But only one way to find out :)

I have pretty much all the lens options and the only wobble I’ve noticed is one one custom pair and one tjats white with road. When I remove the road lens from the white frame it wobbles. But fits white frame perfect.

My custom also has road and it wobbles in the custom so maybe avoid Prizm road. Black or sapphire might be the way to go. Or even tungsten .

If you need a mid light one try trail torch

EV ZERO stride are my fav too....i like the sutro lite as well but stride better..and can wear stride all day-not just for sports. I have evzero collection and the radar is decent too as is the blade one.

Latest Posts

Back