• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fire Iridium Polarized Lens Problem

mhf89

Oakley Beginner
I bought the fire iridium polarized xlj lens for my flak jackets and have noticed a weird double image that they produce. I have posted a couple pictures looking through the right lens showing the problem. Also, when driving and looking at tail lights, it produces red spots which are really annoying as well. Is this a normal thing with this lens? I have never experienced this before.

Thanks
IMG_4742.JPG
IMG_4744.JPG

I'd say that happens with a lot of iridium if you look through them indoors, low artificial light..

I also agree that Fire is not the nicest to look through.

I do not know if there is difference in shield or not lenses.The only experience i have with this lens is from a Batwolf i purchased some days ago.I did not notice anything like this and to tell u the truth its clarity is outstanding and the polarization even better than other polarized pairs i have.it has the least rainbow effect.But from the pictures i see that there is a problem in your case.If you consulted costumer care?

Does the double vision appear outside as well? maybe it's just a defect in the lens you received. None of my polarized lenses do that. I can't speak on fire because I don't wear that lens. Like others said, it's much cooler to look at than look through. My least favorite lens to wear is no doubt fire.

Polarization will create a rainbow effect in certain circumstances but that double image is something else. I've never run into it with my Fire polar lenses or any others.

I'd say you're getting some sort of reflection internal to the lens, with the iridium playing some role. Oakleys aren't supposed to do that so I think those lenses are defective, get them replaced. If the salesguy tries to BS you otherwise, insist on getting them swapped anyway.

I tried my fire polarized Juliets looking at my desk lamp, same problem both lenses. I also saw the same effect with an X Squared VR28 only very faint. Tried several other polarized and non polarized with no problem.

Back