• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fire Iridium Wire Earsocks?

ChopperJustin

Oakley Beginner
Orlando
Okay guys - I'm a site NooB so please be gentle. - Mods, if I'm in the wrong spot please feel free to move me. I tried to post in the "exchange" area but I'm getting a little flag that says I'm not allowed to??? Anywho...

So I've got a pair of Fire Iridium Square Wire 2.0 w/spring hinge. These are the ones wear Oakley matched the earsocks (orange) with the lenses. Back in the day they were fairly common... My orange earsocks are getting a bit gummy and I'd like to change them out but FOR THE LIFE OF ME I cannot find any anywhere! I own to pair of the black wire socks and I might just have to break down and use them - but the orange sock is a part of the whole cool-factor of these sunglasses... does anyone know if Oakley has/had a SKU for orange replacements?

Any suggestions would be helpful - and NO I'm not giving the guy on &Bay $100++ for earsocks - I'll buy a whole new pair of sunglasses at that price.

THANKS!!!!

Try boiling yours for about 10 minutes. If they are too far gone, I'm not sure where you can find them at a reasonable price.

I'll give that a whirl - couldn't hurt at this point. When I slid them off I got a gooey residue left on the frame arms - lookin kinda shaky.

Thanks!