• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fire Iridium with GREEN tint

Jimlun

Oakley Beginner
Hello all!

Newbe here.... Just got my Fives Squared prescription sunglasses in Fire Iridium. Very disappointed. Lenses are GREEN and hardly darker than a clear lens. These lenses a supposed to be brown, right? My optician says that she's never seen anything like them. She sent them back to Oakley for a do over and the next pair had the same green tint. I've contacted Oakley Customer Service and was told that there are no green base tinted lenses! What's going on?

Thanks for any help or insight on this....

Jim

Welcome to the forum

What are the chances of you taking a trip to Oakley HQ and showing them those lenses.

I live about an hour away from them, but getting there during business hours would be nearly impossible. Photo shows Fire Iridium lenses on the bottom pair of glasses. The lenses on the top are close to what I had expected.

image.jpeg

Its hard to compare mine to yours with the different lights. Mine is fire on the right and bronze on the left. Both polarized

I think the amber base mixes with the fire a little to give it a greenish hue. For me it's great contrast when its really bright, but I cant stand it in any other lighting.

Latest Posts

Back