• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Fireman seeking usable Juliets (completed)

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

Im a Baltimore fireman, and during the recent riots i talked to a cop who had a pair of Oakley Juliets, he told me how well they have held up over the years during work, and lets face it we have fun but hard jobs.
i looked on eBay and learned there are apparently a ton of fakes out there, so i will petition you all here.
Im looking for a decent pair of polarized if possible juliets, perhaps some pair you had in a draw for years, they don't have to be perfect but do have to function. i love the fire lens with darker plasma type of frames if possible.
im willing to pay a fair price, but again I'm buying them for work not to collect, so if you have a pair you would like to let go, please Pm or email me bryan58127@aol.com it would be faster.
thanks in advance, this hopefule firefighter.

Some people reacted to this post.
Thanks for your service down there, good luck with your search.

PM'ing

Pm me got a pair you might want

The vast amount on the bay tend to be real. I sift through nearly every single listing and i would peg it around 1 out of 1000. The sellers feedback and sales history play a part as well.

Did you try the Juliet's on? XX's offer a very slight wider frame, but a lot of extra coverage to help prevent light bleeding in through on brighter days.

A functional pair with fresh lenses, in fairness would probably run $300, plus or minus $25-50 depending upon on frame finish, rubbers, lenses tint, polarized or non and nose bridge.

Also consider which lenses would fit your needs best, in regards to the optics they offer.
I suggest this, because, me personally...I can't wear fire lenses.

Good luck to you and your hunt. Sifting though the x metal forum will offer bounds of interesting details to consider. You can often ask the peanut gallery for the thumbs up if you're uncertain.

Gotten quite a few responses from everyone and I like to thank you, I did find a gentleman who lives very close to me who has several pair I'm going to inspect tonight. If that doesn't work out I will be returning some of the emails. However if you do have a pair please remember I'm not a collector and I'm not looking to spend 600+ dollars I'm taking trying to get a pair of these not only for looks but they are also highly known for their safety. Again it has to be a functional pair not a collectible pair

Whoever is emailing him and saying $600+ for Juliets is wrong, period. It is clear he wants to wear a pair for work and pleasure, and that signifies a Juliet that is NOT a Ichiro or other high end Juliet. He should be in the 350-450 range. We all know there are tons in the exchange at those prices, so someone shouldn't be trying to pull one over on a new guy!!!!! Just my opinion. :punish:

My offers were $375. :)

I have useable clean frame, tightness 8/10 pair it is non serail xmetal finish with black iridium lenses 9/10 if 300 if deal falls or have a interest

Username Hidden said:
The vast amount on the bay tend to be real. I sift through nearly every single listing and i would peg it around 1 out of 1000. The sellers feedback and sales history play a part as well.

Did you try the Juliet's on? XX's offer a very slight wider frame, but a lot of extra coverage to help prevent light bleeding in through on brighter days.

A functional pair with fresh lenses, in fairness would probably run $300, plus or minus $25-50 depending upon on frame finish, rubbers, lenses tint, polarized or non and nose bridge.

Also consider which lenses would fit your needs best, in regards to the optics they offer.
I suggest this, because, me personally...I can't wear fire lenses.

Good luck to you and your hunt. Sifting though the x metal forum will offer bounds of interesting details to consider. You can often ask the peanut gallery for the thumbs up if you're uncertain.
I agree,I love ruby look but I never were mine, I were my OOpostive lenses. Try on lenses in day light to see what you like best, color somtimes sacrifices functionality for daily use

Back