• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

FIREWORKS!

Man I'm jealous :(
In Hawaii every thing and I mean EVERYTHING is now illegal. Even sparklers!
And even if you happen to "know" someone it's about $300 for a 12shot box of artillery shells.
Man I remember when I lived in Hawaii New Years was insane! Serious fireworks! Mostly firecrackers I guess but lots of all kinds of stuff. Sucks they have cracked down. I guess it would be easy since everything has to be imported, easier to regulate. Over here it's like there a reservation every 10 miles with hundered a if stands. Makes it fun cause you get to haggle ;)

It's been a 5 year no-firework drought here in my city... i cant stand this crap. Plus it poured today out of all days. I miss spending $600 for 15 minutes of fun. Yes... I'm still talking about fireworks ;)

In our neighborhood, there's a dead-end that they're eventually gonna expand into another through-access. But for now, you can hang out there and get a decent view of the city fireworks show.

We did that, but somebody kept shooting off some good stuff behind us, looked like it was coming from our street. Walking back, sure enough - it was some new neighbors across the street from our house. They're Asian, and you know Asians love their fireworks (ding! Unintentionally-racist post of the day award!)... Anyway, they either didn't know or didn't care about the ordinance.

They fired a bunch of good stuff, and, standing on our driveway, that stuff was going off right above our heads. The Kid enjoyed it, but their "finale" scared her a little, too much too close.

And they got away with it; finished everything before any cops showed up...

To illustrate some of last night...

Walking over to that dead-end:

20150704_205141.jpg

Sitting next to her friend; dang that kid's excited...

IMG_64381.jpg

Nice silhouette shot:

20150704_211204.jpg

And I caught a few of the sparks, though nothing from the big "finale"...

20150704_211834.jpg

20150704_212131.jpg

20150704_212136.jpg

20150704_212156.jpg

There was so much crap going off in my neighborhood I felt like I was in a war zone. Almost started having flashbacks.

Last edited:
There was so much crap going off in my neighborhood I felt like I was in a war zone. Almost started having flashbacks.

There was a time or two back when I lived in that ordinance-free zone that I didn't have any fireworks so I went into the backyard and popped off a few rounds. And not just handgun loads, also 7.62x39 and 12 gauge. Fired into the ground, not up in the air - nobody needs random lead flying around...

Nobody ever called the cops, or at least no cops ever showed up...

Back