• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

First Completed Custom!

Those are awesome, can an optician put any prescription lens in then? That might be a dumb question but I know Oakley website offers up to +3 n my glasses lenses are +6 ( yea my vision is terrible) and they are very thick which is why I've wore contacts since I was 11...will an optician make any prescription lens to fit whatever frame you want? I know you can pay extra to have lenses made extra thin.

Those are awesome, can an optician put any prescription lens in then? That might be a dumb question but I know Oakley website offers up to +3 n my glasses lenses are +6 ( yea my vision is terrible) and they are very thick which is why I've wore contacts since I was 11...will an optician make any prescription lens to fit whatever frame you want? I know you can pay extra to have lenses made extra thin.

It all depends on the frame.. No matter what lenses you put in an x metal with your rx it wouldn't work, to curved. But an ophthalmic frame as long as the frame shape is correct you can get some good results. You would need to go for a 1.74 lens to get the best results.. They are the thinnest plastic and would reduce the magnification of your eyes you probably experience.

It all depends on the frame.. No matter what lenses you put in an x metal with your rx it wouldn't work, to curved. But an ophthalmic frame as long as the frame shape is correct you can get some good results. You would need to go for a 1.74 lens to get the best results.. They are the thinnest plastic and would reduce the magnification of your eyes you probably experience.

Magnification of the eyes...yes! Lol...that is why I only where my glasses at home on a night.lol. Ah well that's a shame, I wouldn't mind rockin a pair of Juliet's instead of contacts...cheers mottles

Back