• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

First DIY/Mod Help!?!?

Mickle

Oakley Expert
Australia, NSW
I recently got a pair of Monster Dog that I plan on modifying. Can someone tell me how I get the icons off, remove the lens and take off the arms? Totally lost here!

Thanks in advance!

I think there is a thread on here on removing the Icons....the lenses should pop right out if pushing from the inside of the frame. I am not sure about the ear stems.

easiest way is to simply boil some water in a pyrex type measuring cup or a coffee cup. pop the lenses out, drop in one side icon down for like 20-30 secs, then pull them out and you can usually pry up with your middle fingernail or a toothpick. That's how I do them. Keeps the adhesive (double sided tape) in tact and still sticky to re-apply.

easiest way is to simply boil some water in a pyrex type measuring cup or a coffee cup. pop the lenses out, drop in one side icon down for like 20-30 secs, then pull them out and you can usually pry up with your middle fingernail or a toothpick. That's how I do them. Keeps the adhesive (double sided tape) in tact and still sticky to re-apply.

Good tip I might have to try that one day

Ended up getting it all done! Lenses just popped out easier than I thought! Icons, I just used the very tip of a sharp knife and carefully lifted them out. The ear stems also just popped out with a slight twist as the little things holding them in place are just plastic.

Now the question remains! What lenses, icons, colour/effect to put on these bad boys!?

Ended up getting it all done! Lenses just popped out easier than I thought! Icons, I just used the very tip of a sharp knife and carefully lifted them out. The ear stems also just popped out with a slight twist as the little things holding them in place are just plastic.

Now the question remains! What lenses, icons, colour/effect to put on these bad boys!?

That will depend on what you are doing to the frame, what colour will it be?

I'm REALLY liking the 24k lenses but I also love the Ruby, so the lens choice is definitely between those two. As for frame, I still have no idea! If I go with the Ruby lens I'm thinking maybe a Polished Carbon Fibre effect. The 24k's on the other hand I'm at a loss for what might look good with them! Open to suggestions!??

you wanna do a water transfer project or painting the frame?

polished carbon fiber would be cool with +red too!
maybe a blood red for the 24k's and cold icons?!

where do you got the 24k lenses - custom cut right?

you wanna do a water transfer project or painting the frame?

polished carbon fiber would be cool with +red too!
maybe a blood red for the 24k's and cold icons?!

where do you got the 24k lenses - custom cut right?

I'm thinking water transfer for the carbon fibre look. If I go the Ruby lens I will buy Oakley ones, the 24k will either be custom cut or aftermarket.

Latest Posts

Back