• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

First Ducati Pit Boss On EBay

ucdavis4PT0gpa

I should Work at Oakley
Oceanside, Oregon
I wish there were more pictures as "real" pictures of this model are at a premium (there's one on flickr but that's the extent of it), but the picture there is shows enough to confirm to me that I'm let down by the look. These are a $55 premium over the original three versions and whereas the Pit Boss pricing has been a divisive topic amongst fans from day one and whereas it could be questioned if any version "looks" like $600 shades, this color variation not only doesn't look like $650 shades to me, they don't even look like $160 Flak Jackets. I know that many had been asking for more lens variations to brighten the line up, but I don't know if a huge, red O-Matter frame fits the bill...maybe a bit too garish for everyday wear. Also think the Elite icon on the earstems could have been done in another color....maybe a black...to make it pop out a bit more.

Curious what other's opinions are on this variation of the Pit Boss.

Now that you brought up people discussing the price. I found this bit of humor from a forum sometime last year.

"I know a guy who knows a guy who is an Oakley R&D guy and helped develop these beauties. Apparently when you put them on and look up, you automatically see the sky through the Hubble telescope. Hence the frequent comment from folks wearing them that "this must be the end of the universe." Also, they come with a special button (located under the "O" logo on the right temple) which lets you get whatever you're looking at. The function or material or whatever is called OBTAINIUM or some such thing. You just press it and you get it, for real. (Say you're in a restaurant and want those spare ribs you see on the menu. So instead of calling the waitress, you just need to put on your Oakleys and that's how you get the ribs. The guy who knows the Oakley guy tells me the glasses even feature a built-in table for two: It drops down from the left lens on a set of ropes. You'll never need to wait again to be seated.) I hear that the only slight flaw is the optics: They tend to filter out part of the color spectrum. The green part. Including and especially when you look in your wallet."

ExMetal said:
Now that you brought up people discussing the price. I found this bit of humor from a forum sometime last year.

"I know a guy who knows a guy who is an Oakley R&D guy and helped develop these beauties. Apparently when you put them on and look up, you automatically see the sky through the Hubble telescope. Hence the frequent comment from folks wearing them that "this must be the end of the universe." Also, they come with a special button (located under the "O" logo on the right temple) which lets you get whatever you're looking at. The function or material or whatever is called OBTAINIUM or some such thing. You just press it and you get it, for real. (Say you're in a restaurant and want those spare ribs you see on the menu. So instead of calling the waitress, you just need to put on your Oakleys and that's how you get the ribs. The guy who knows the Oakley guy tells me the glasses even feature a built-in table for two: It drops down from the left lens on a set of ropes. You'll never need to wait again to be seated.) I hear that the only slight flaw is the optics: They tend to filter out part of the color spectrum. The green part. Including and especially when you look in your wallet."

O-M-G...ROFL. That's really funny....yeah considering they cost as much as a nice HDTV or a PS3 and good sound system combined, you would almost expect something like that. And that's at the $600 price-the price on what I consider the best color combo (Tron) is $750.

Yeah and luckily for me they'll probably never come with fire lenses. : ) You'd think with a pair of $600 or even $1500-4000 C-Six pair of glasses they included an infrared spectrum filter so you can walk around seeing like the Predator sees.

Sorry, but links to ebay auctions that are not your own are a violation of the forum rules. Please do not post ebay auctions by other sellers.

The reason for this is because, in some cases, this can cause bidding wars between forum members and does not serve the good of the community. Thanks for your understanding in this matter.

ExMetal said:
To be honest, I don't think those bright red satellite viewable Pit Bosses are going to cause a bidding war.....

LOL! ExMetal is here till Thursday with his routine. I need to do a review of the Pit Boss....I have for over a year...and the first draft will include a discussion of the price issue. I will probabably defend the price (for the most part) vs. say the X Metal line (as that line is priced now) based on what I know of the manufacturing process of both and the features of both. I think ;)

What you're ultimately buying when you purchase Pit Boss is bragging rights. Plain and simple.

These came out at the height of the recession, yet people still bought these, as well as both C-6s. Oakley made this collection with the wealthy in mind.

"$600 sunglasses? In these days? Damn man, you're a baller."
That's what you're paying for.

go into a sunglass hut and pick up a pair of prada or some other brand like that and look at the price tag. when you see people with those on there head remember what they paid for them. i worked at a sunglass hut before Oakley and we had a pair of Bvlagri glasses that were 800, and they were ugly and stupid. people buy that stuff so really buying a pair of pit boss that you know are oakley which is by far the best its no that crazy

I've seen $250,000 cell phones before and they looked uglier than sin. Motorola has one called the Aura I think and it was $3000 and yet was totally impractical. Money can't buy taste, most rich people I've seen have very boring looking cars and sunglasses. That's why they are rich they don't buy anything unique.

Latest Posts

Back